Piezography K7 GLOSSY Curve Resource

We have moved our curve archive to the Piezography Community Edition package available at http://piezography.com/downloads. There you will find a full archive of gloss curves for all printers along with Pro curves (the new super glossy stuff) and a user manual.

Cheers!
-IJM Team.

HOW TO INSTALL NEW CURVES FOR USE WITH QUADTONE RIP

To install a new curve to use with QTR, you will need to drag and drop the curves (NOT the FOLDER containing the curves, but the individual curves themselves) into the following folder location:

B[/B] C:\ProgramFiles\QuadToneRIP\QuadTone(Your Printer Model)-K7

B [/B]/Applications/QuadToneRIP/Profiles/(Your Printer Model)-K7

NOTE: With Mac users, you must uninstall your Quad printer model then reinstall it using the install.command located in the same folder you placed the new curve in. You will also need to restart your printing application if it was open when installing new profiles. This will show the new curve in QuadTone RIP. You will not lose any of your previous curves when you uninstall the printer.

NOTE: When using a printer model with MK and PK cartridge positions (3800/3880, 7890/9890 and 7900/9900), a Black Ink Change must be preformed to change between matte and glossy compatible black inks. Make sure to use the appropriate black ink for the paper and curve you’re printing with.

Thanks you for sending the Negative Curves for the 7900 K7. I am having difficulties after following the above directions for the curves to show up when trying to select them in the QuadTone RIP selection panel. Any ideas how I can correct this issue on the MAC.

To install the Piezography digital negative curves for your x900, you will first need to install the library of Piezography K7 curves, which includes the install.command, then download the digital negative curves, drag and drop the PZDN curves into the x900-K7 folder, and run the install.command to install both the K7 and PZDN curves.
You can get the x900-K7 curves (including the install.command) here: http://www.piezography.com/PiezoPress/technical-support/epson-pro-4900-7900-9900-installation/
You will also need to install the regular Epson print driver prior to installing the QTR driver for your printer.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;2190]To install the Piezography digital negative curves for your x900, you will first need to install the library of Piezography K7 curves, which includes the install.command, then download the digital negative curves, drag and drop the PZDN curves into the x900-K7 folder, and run the install.command to install both the K7 and PZDN curves.
You can get the x900-K7 curves (including the install.command) here: http://www.piezography.com/PiezoPress/technical-support/epson-pro-4900-7900-9900-installation/
You will also need to install the regular Epson print driver prior to installing the QTR driver for your printer.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Dana
I am still having troubles with the curve script installer. Here is the error log I get after installation.

Last login: Wed Nov 13 14:02:04 on ttys000
sbs525:~ rgg27$ /Volumes/RUS’S\ 64GB/Piezography/4900-7900-9900-K7/Install7900-K7.command ; exit;
lpadmin: Unable to copy PPD file.

Installing QuadToneRIP Curves Printer Quad7900-K7
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth1-v2
Inks mismatch: PPD has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,OR,GR and Quad has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,O,G
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-1_4v2
Inks mismatch: PPD has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,OR,GR and Quad has K,C,M,Y,LC,LM,LK,LLK,O,G
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-1_5v2
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-1_6v2
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-1_7v2
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-1_8v2
Curve PZDN-X900-Meth3-Carbon
Curve X900-GO-30000
Curve X900-K7-BerggerPN32
Curve X900-K7-BerggerPN33
Curve X900-K7-BerggerPN61
Curve X900-K7-BerggerPN62
Curve X900-K7-CansonArchesAqua
Curve X900-K7-CansonArchesVelin
Curve X900-K7-CansonBFKrives
Curve X900-K7-CansonEditionEtchRag
Curve X900-K7-CansonMiTeintes
Curve X900-K7-CansonMontvalAqua
Curve X900-K7-CansonRagPhoto
Curve X900-K7-EpsonEnhMatte
Curve X900-K7-EpsonVFA
Curve X900-K7-HANbamboo
Curve X900-K7-HANgermanEtch
Curve X900-K7-HANmuseumEtch
Curve X900-K7-HANnatArtDuo
Curve X900-K7-HANphotoRag
Curve X900-K7-HANphotoRagBW
Curve X900-K7-HANwhiteVelvet
Curve X900-K7-HANwilTurner
Curve X900-K7-IlfordSmoothMatte
Curve X900-K7-InnovaPSC
Curve X900-K7-JCStype2
Curve X900-K7-MoabEntradaBW
Curve X900-K7-MoabEntradaNW
Curve X900-K7-MoabLasalMattePM
Curve X900-MPS-K7-CansonBarytaSatin
Curve X900-MPS-K7-EPexhibitFiber
Curve X900-MPS-K7-HANptoRagBaryta
Curve X900-MPS-K7-HarmonGlFbWt
Curve X900-MPS-K7-InfBaryta
Curve X900-MPS-K7-InkpressBarytaWT
Curve X900-MPS-K7-JCStype5
Finished Installing Curves for Quad7900-K7
logout

[Process completed]

I can also send the installer script but it’s the one that I downloaded for the 7900 from Inkjet Mall. Could this be a problem with the script?

Russ

Hi Russ~

I have corrected the script in the PZDN-x900 curves, and emailed them to you directly. Please remove the first PZDN curves, add these new ones then run the install.command again.

Let me know if you have questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,

Do you have the same Piezography K7 Curve Resource for Matte papers?

We don’t currently have a matte curve resource, since most matte/rag paper curves are included in the QTR download, or are available for download on our Piezography.com tech support page.

What printer, ink, and paper(s) are you looking for curves for?

~Dana