Piezography Community Edition Updates

Hey everyone. I’ve updated Piezography with several thousand curves. Luminance values down to L1.79 for the HD-PK (on Canson Baryta Photographique) and L12.31 for the UltraHD-MK (on Epson Enhanced Matte of all papers . . )

Download at: https://piezography.com/downloads/piezography-community-edition

Change log notes:
v2.0 ~ 11/15/2017 Major update. Added over 3500 curves for all “legacy” Piezography inksets (Selenium, Carbon, Warm Neutral, Neutral, Special Edition) in P2 and K6 ink configuration mode. The K6 curves are compatible with any printer that is currently set up with K7 ink. These new curves are built for the new HDPK (High Density Photo Black) and UltraHD-MK black inks. Simply take out the old (WN1 PK and NU1 MK) black inks and replace with the newer black inks and use the new HD curves. The new curves live at >Piezography>Curves-HD>(your printer model). Also added more general Piezography and Piezography Pro soft-proof profiles. The Piezography Pro profiles show popular splits. These new softproof profiles are built for the HDPK and UltraHD-MK black inks. On the OS X side, this installer is now signed, meaning it won’t come up with bothersome security warnings when you double click the install pkg. Added curve support for wide format (24″ and 44″) SC-P printers for those who are not in the US and have working refillable cartridges.

Printer and Ink Channel Configurations Supported with HD Curves (K7 to come later):
1400-1430-K6
3800-3880-K6
3800-3880-P2
4800-7800-9800-K6
4800-7800-9800-P2
4880-7880-9880-K6
4880-7880-9880-P2
4900-7900-9900-K6
4900-7900-9900-P2
11880-K6
P6000-P8000-K6
P6000-P8000-P2
P7000-P9000-K6
P7000-P9000-P2
R1900-R2000-K6
R1900-R2000-P2
R2880-K6
R2880-P2
R3000-K6
R3000-P2

All the best,
Walker

Stay tuned for Black Friday + more updates @ our newsletter

Does this just install over any existing installation of Community Edition?

Yes. All updates can install over (into) existing installs without disruption.

best,
Walker

I noticed that curve files for 1400 and 1430 printers are still dated 2008. (That’s coming up on 10 years ago.) There are also no curves for Canson papers as there are for almost all other printers. Do you have plans to update or add to these? I would be a good thing IMHO, since you can still buy new 1430 printers. Besides, Jon Cone writes that he optimized Special Edition for 1430, so it must be worthwhile in some sense.

Download the most recent community edition and look at the Curves-HD folder.

Change log and info always updated at Piezography Community Edition | Piezography https://piezography.com/downloads/piezography-community-edition

Always helpful to read the pages and text when downloading.

best.
Walker

Thanks, Walker. Wouldn’t have looked there since I am not using UHD on that machine (yet).

Hi Walker

I’m not finding the Piezography Pro profiles showing the popular splits after downloading the latest Community Edition package.

Best, John

Hmm. I’m posting them right here until I can debug.

SOFT.zip (91.4 KB)

Best,
Walker

Walker, thank you for posting the Zip file. Is there a description of the icc’s and how to configure QTR to obtain the soft proof for the Pro splits?

John

Put them in >Library>ColorSync>Profiles

Soft proof instructions are in the Piezography Manual.

best,
Walker

Hi Walker

Thanks for your quick response. I’m still a little confused about the Piezography Pro icc profiles. Most of the profile names are straight forward except for PiezographyPro Matte cHwS.icc and PiezographyPro Matte wHcS.icc.

I understand how to use these profiles in Photoshop, but I’m using PrintTool to print using the Pro Ink set on a Ep 4880. Am I correct in thinking that these profiles are only useful when printing from Photoshop or Lightroom and not for determining/configuring splits in PrintTool?

Thanks again,

John

cHwS = Cool Highlights and Warm Shadows
and vis versa . .

ICCs only preview the split. When it comes to applying it, the pudding is in the proof. It does require printing and looking and printing.

best,
Walker