Piezographic printing with p800 printer

What should I do if the bottom edge does not print when using paper feed or front poster board setting?
Even if I check the “Fit to Paper” checkbox, it does not change the problem.

QuadTone RIP cannot print beyond 0.56 inch from bottom. You need tape some extension to bottom of media to overcome this limitation of the QuadTone RIP. And then increase page setup.

I see, I’ll give it a try. Thank you very much.

After setting up two sheets, the gloss optimizer prints again at the end, but the orientation of the media has changed.
What should I do to correct this?

GCO is designed to print over the entire sheet of paper according to size of page setup. When you say GCO “prints again to the end”, is your meaning that you do not expect this behavior of GCO? It is normal and intentional part of our process to ensure that inkjet paper and inks have same reflectivity. Or are you indicating that the GCO is not printing completely on the paper? I can not see by the photo which…

Orientation is Portrait mode and expectation is that you print the sheet vertically in your printer. Are you saying that when you printed the two sheets that the orientation is reversed? I can not see the layout in your Print Tool window to see if this is unexpected behavior of QuadTone RIP Print Tool.

The orientation was portrait mode and the printer printed vertically.
When I printed only one sheet with the paper feed set to front poster board, I was able to print the entire vertical surface.
However, when I changed the number of copies to two, paper fed the sheets, and printed the front poster board, it looked like the second photo.
The solution.

I see. So, when you change the dialogue in OS X print window from 1 to 2, the problem is occurring. When you print only one at a time the problem is not occurring. I do not know if this is QuadTone RIP problem with your version of OSX or if the problem is related only to OSX.

This is first time I encounter someone printing multiple copies with poster board method of paper feed. Is the problem related to printing with front poster feed only? Or this same behavior happens with traditional top feed method?

Incidentally this paper does not look like thick poster board and I am curious why you are using poster board method?

The reason for using the poster board setting is that the density of black in piezo printing is so high that conventional printing methods leave gear roller marks on the print as it flows from the printer head.
The only way to print without these scratch-like marks is to print with the board setting.
I don’t know if this problem is different for each printer.

On our P800 we do not have this problem but some people do. So it is slightly different specs during build of the printer that perhaps contributes to the problem. There is a document on this site that you can search for removing the wheels from the 3880 printer. Same for P800.