Piezoflush pooling on floor!

I recently purchased a set of cartridges and piezoflush to clear a clog in my 9900. Most of the green channel and now the light black channel are blocked. I installed, primed and ran the init fill as instructed and let it sit for a few days. I noticed that fluid was filling from all cartridge but that the light magenta was always empty. The maintenance tank also needed changing. After running the second init fill I noticed that ink was running down the back of the printer and pooling around the back right caster as well as leaking out from the print head when I ran nozzle checks. The maintenance tank is full and again the light magenta is empty.

I put my original cartridges back in to see if that would stop the leaking and I have placed a big plastic back under the machine to protect the hardwood floors. The piezoflush that was leaking out around the print head has since stopped and I printed off a half a dozen purge files.

I’m thinking the valve of the cartridge is damaged because fluid leaks out of the nozzle when I hold it upside down. Would a damaged cartridge cause leaking from the printer like this?

Any tips on how to clean the piezoflush stain left on hardwood floors?

Hi ACBusse~

I’m sorry to hear about your messy experience!

What do you mean “the light magenta was always empty”- do you mean it emptied before the rest, and you refilled it, before noticing fluid dripping from the printer?
What is the fluid level in all the other carts- are they about equal? Do any others leak when you tilt them exit valve down, like the VLM cart?
Does the VLM cart leak from the exit valve or air inlet point when tilted down?
Did your maintenance tank overflow?

Windex or other ammonia cleaners work well at cleaning ink or flush off surfaces, though wiping it up ASAP with paper towels and water is important to avoid or reduce staining, as the longer it sits, the more it absorbs. I’ve successfully used Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on walls and plastic, but not wood, so I’m not sure how well or IF it would work on wood…

Please let me know so I can help you past this.
Thanks~ Dana

Hi Dana,

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. The VLM cart was always empty when I checked levels where the remainder of the carts were still showing ink at relatively similar levels.

I see now the the VLM cart is actually missing the ball bearing that sits behind the valve and infront of the spring.

The other carts do not leak from the valve.

The maintenance tanks that I went through never appeared to be “overflowing” when I removed them but they were full.

Hi Dana,

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. The VLM cart was always empty when I checked levels where the remainder of the carts were still showing ink at relatively similar levels.

I see now the the VLM cart is actually missing the ball bearing that sits behind the valve and infront of the spring.

The other carts do not leak from the valve.

The maintenance tanks that I went through never appeared to be “overflowing” when I removed them but they were full.

Just trying to figure out if I’ve got a bigger problem than the leaking cart.

Do any of these ball bearings ever find their way into the printer?