Piezoflush 4900 clogs

Didnot use my 4900 for 3 weeks now I have clogs that I cant remove.

I tried putting paper towel w/ windew/ammonia to remove clogs many times but no luck. stilled clogged in several channels.

I have piezoflush installed already in 5 channels and piezo ink in the other 7 channels.

How can I use piezoflush to remove these clogs I have in my ink channels?

Do I need to buy 7 additional carts, fill them with flush, and run some power cleanings?

thank you

Hi stump4545~

The best way to flush any pro model printer (with internal ink lines and dampers) is to install a full set of flush carts and do an Initial Fill cycle to purge ink and fill the internal ink system with PiezoFlush. We have instructions for doing Initial Fill cycles with different pro model Epson printers, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?151-Initial-Fill-Procedures-for-Epson-Pro-Model-Printers. If you have a few missing nozzles in just one or two channels, you can try using QTR’s calibration mode to flush individual channels (to avoid flushing positions that are working fine), by following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?166-Flush-individual-channel-using-QTR-Calibration-Mode

What channel(s) are you experiencing missing nozzles in?
Do gaps move around after doing a regular or power clean cycle, or is it always the same nozzles missing?
Have you tried cleaning the capping stations, wiper blade and bottom of the head following our cleaning instructions? If not, please go here for helpful cleaning information: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance
What are the temperature and humidity levels in your printing environment?

Please let me know so I can try to help.
Best~ Dana

I will try these steps.

Gaps do move around what does this signify?

I tried putting paper towels drenched in (windex 50% + 50% ammonia) under the print head and letting it sit overnight, and I tried this for over a week and while nozzle check looked better, still many clogs in my C, MK, and LC channel…

Is this paper towel technique ok to use?

If the gaps move around, then it’d not permanent clogs in the print head, but more likely air in the ink system, or possibly particle build up in the dampers. How old is this printer?
It’s best to not use ammonia or ammonia cleaners on the print head, because the fast drying agents can damage the head and cause drying, which you don’t want. Our PiezoFlush solution is carefully formulated to be strong on stubborn clogs, but safe on printers, or if you don’t have PiezoFlush, warm distilled water can work ok too.

Keep me posted.
Best~ Dana

How do I get the air out of the ink system? How to remove particles in the dampers?

If I begin making prints even without a perfect nozzle check, will it fix itself?

btw. when making my nozzle check, the letters underneath each channel were missing, but as I used the amonoia/windew solution on paper towels they began to reappear and things were looking better, but still nozzle checks had many missing nozzles and letters were not printed like normal. What does this signify?

4900 Printer is 2 years old.

I made 1 print I did notice some banding.

To remove air from the internal ink system, usually a power clean cycle or two does the trick (depending on where the air is).
Dampers should be replaced every few years, and can not be successfully cleaned/reused. With the 4900, the dampers are come together as one “Ink Selector Unit”.
Imperfect nozzle checks can sometimes correct themselves with regular printing, but other factors including environmental conditions, mechanical age + health, etc… can lead to more difficult situations. For example, if you have clogged dampers, no amount of cleaning or flushing will get the printer working well again, until the dampers are replaced.

If letters aren’t printing, or fully printing on your nozzle check, then you have missing nozzles in your black channel. Windex and other ammonia cleaners are great for cleaning ink (on counters or the outside of a printer), but the fast drying agents make them NOT good for use directly on the print head or parts that touch the head, such as the capping station and wiper blade.

I hope this helps.
Warmly~ Dana