Piezo Pro -- Determining Split Tone Settings

qtr
curves
piezography

Hi,

I wanted to imitate the tones of certain alternative prints like silver gelatin, pt/pd, selenium, etc. However, I’m stuck on how can I accurately apply this to the Split Tone Settings on QTR for Piezography Pro. One idea I have is to get the curve of a certain tone of a digital image using a software (still searching the tool I had before) but I don’t know how to apply the curve on QTR Split Tone. According to the documentation, application of Curve settings are meant for linearization.

I was using Selenium K7 before I shifted to Piezography Pro. Looking at my previous prints, I knew I had to combine neutral and cool tones somewhere in the midtones and shadows. However, I’m not sure of the amount for neutral or cool when I want to use Split Tone on QTR. I am doing this manually and I might run out of ink before I get it right :slight_smile:

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

MdG

To add variables, all of this is dependent on paper-white and paper-type too. There are so many variables, all I can say is get a pack of paper and start testing splits. The pudding is in the proof.

-Walker

Walter - Regarding the new Pro ink set, in QTR, does it matter how I order the curves? For example, am I correct in saying that say for the gloss curves, I enter the cool, neutral and warm, but it doesnt matter what order they appear in on the QTR menu? Regards, Raphael

Yes, it does not matter what order their appear.

best,
Walker