Piezo ink installation

I’m in the process of getting my Epson 3800 converted to the Piezo pro ink set. So basically I have to do six power cleanings to install the flush carts and then do another six power cleanings to install the inks? I am Mac based and I am using both blacks. Also I just downloaded the Piezo pro folder, does it have everything I need. I have the quad tone rip and print tool. And I am assuming that in the Piezo pro PDF publication there is a step-by-step procedure that gets you to the point where you can actually make prints.

Piezography install procedure for your printer (including Pro) is here: Install procedures for Epson® Pro 3800 / 3880 | Piezography

Then read the Piezography Manual Community Edition found after downloading. This has a “getting started” and “printing” section that talks about pro, etc.

People find this quick curve install manual handy as well: http://piezography.com/install-delete-quadtonerip-curves/

best,
Walker

FYI, I installed Piezography Pro inks in my 3880 last Thursday. It took three power clean cycles with PiezoFlush to get perfectly pink nozzle checks. Then I did three power clean cycles with ink. Worked great.

I’ve already read the procedure for installing piezo inks in a 3800. It really doesn’t address directly, that if you’re using a glossy and matte Black that you’re going to have to do six Power cleanings to install the flush kits and then do another six to install the piezo inks. I was hoping there might be a way to avoid this that wasn’t readily apparent. i am Apple based so i can’t use the software that allows me to do and initial ink change.

Some find that just 4 power cleanings works. Either way, you need to eject the old ink and get the new ink through the damper assembly and head. There is no way around that. The old ink is there.

best,
Walker