Pieces fell out of my Epson 7800 Stylus Pro

Two clear plastic strips with black cloth attached fell out of my Epson 7800. Has anyone ever seen anything like this. Any ideas what I need to replace?

can you post a photo?

-Walker

I have a photo, but I don’t know how to post it. Also what specs to use? My photo is 200 ppi. Should I change that? It is 1.32M total size, about 3 x 3".

Save as a jpg 1200px wide and it should be upload able.

-Walker

Thank you. And where do I click to upload a photo?

Oh! I just found it! But I don’t know how to use it!

I tried to copy the file and paste here, but I’m doing something wrong. It won’t work.

[walkerblackwell] walkerblackwell
https://community.inkjetmall.com/u/walkerblackwell Research &
Development @ VPI LLC
May 18Walker~

Please forgive me for being so technically challenged, but 

please tell me how to post a photo on my Community post. Or send me a
link to a page on InkJetMall that explains how to post a photo. I’ve
posted a lot of pictures on Internet sites, but this one has me stumped.
Pretty please?

~New Orleans Artist MOUSIE (www.MOUSIE.com)

When I click on the Photo Icon that says “Add and image,” an HTML shows up in my reply.

I don’t know what to do with this.
~ MOUSIE

Use the upload icon …

Oh, thank you so much!

Plastic Strips Fell Out of Epson 7800 copy
Two clear plastic strips with black cloth attached fell out of my Epson 7800. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Any ideas what I need to replace?

Those are called “porous pads”. Not very helpful, eh? There are several different sizes and shapes of them in various places on the printer, but I’m reasonably certain those came out of the platen somehow. You can find them here: https://compassmicro.com/porous-pad-platen-for-epson-stylus-pro-7800.html

If you happen to have the Service Manual and/or Field Repair Guide for your printer (I have one for the 7880 I used to have, but it covers the 7800 as well), you can find it in exploded diagrams and parts lists, but I can’t find anything about how to replace them.

If you don’t have those very useful documents, you can download them from the Files page of the Epson Wide Format Printer group. If you are not a member of that group, go here to join.

Good luck,
Keith

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH! You’ve been very helpful!
~MOUSIE