Photo black hd compatibility / single pass K7

Hello IJM,

I have two questions:

is photo black HD compatible with the K7 inks?

Will the single pass technology find its way to the K7 inks? I would love to do Carbon K7 large prints on glossy paper without the second pass for GO!

Thanks

Marc

1st question: Yes, but new curves need to be made.

2nd question: yes and no (new curves also need to be made and it’s not as optimal, upcoming Pro ink is built for same-time GO (new GO formula), much better)

best,
Walker

Hi Walker,

thanks for your quick response!

do I understand it right when I read your second answer as: same K7 inks but different curves so that Go is printed simultaneously? My main concern is scratch/abrasion resistance, not so much the perfect absence of gloss differential, since most of my prints are eventually face-mounted to acrylic glass with Diasec.

Best,

Marc

The new Pro inks are an entirely different formula and very scratch resistant.

best,
Walker

this means new formula for K7 as well? Then I will wait for it for my next attempt to convert my 11880.

Best,

Marc

No. We have not determined if it’s possible to make a new K7 formula out of the new carbon pigment because the baseline LAB values are so different. So this has not been decided. We want to but that will be some time out. Piezography Pro ink is Dual Quad (warm cool) but the inks are offset slightly making a K7-quality print. All will be revealed soon! I would not fear dual quad. We’ll be printing samples soon.

Walker

now I got it… I will definitely order samples!

Marc