Permission Denied

Hi : I have downloaded some profiles for Awagami papers , running the installer keeps giving the error message permission denied. I have changed all permissions (using Batchmod ) but still no luck ? any ideas .

Running what installer?

For OS X, generally profiles should be placed in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

For PC, profiles should be placed in C/Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Color

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11398]Running what installer?

For OS X, generally profiles should be placed in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

For PC, profiles should be placed in C/Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Color

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

Hello, Should have clarified, using Quadtone Rip with the installer for the printer being used ( Epson 3880 ) , after placing the files in the appropriate folder then running the installer from within the folder. All permissions have made ‘public’ . So I do not understand why I get permission denied ?

ahh. less. This is an issue with QuadtoneRIP.

What you need to do is open terminal and type this:

1. sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR

2. It will ask you for your password, type that in and hit enter.

The slow way is to get info on that folder (/Library/Printers/QTR) and set permissions to read/write for everyone and then apply that to the enclosed items . .

Then install.

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11406]ahh. less. This is an issue with QuadtoneRIP.

What you need to do is open terminal and type this:

1. sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR

2. It will ask you for your password, type that in and hit enter.

The slow way is to get info on that folder (/Library/Printers/QTR) and set permissions to read/write for everyone and then apply that to the enclosed items . .

Then install.

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

Well , that was very successful ! No curves at all . did get some error messages for some curves (Illegal curve name: must contain only letters, digits, underscore, or dash ) but after starting print tool again to print , no curves shown . will probably reinstall quadtone again.

Ok. If you have installed curves with the wrong characters (or too many characters), they will end up inside of that folder above and re-installing may not fix a thing.

So you also need to delete that folder listed above before re-installing

Best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11410]Ok. If you have installed curves with the wrong characters (or too many characters), they will end up inside of that folder above and re-installing may not fix a thing.

So you also need to delete that folder listed above before re-installing

Best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

The curves were downloaded from a this forum posting and unzipped, so no changes or additions to the titles , will delete the folder and reinstall.