P600 problem - printer not recognizing cartridges

I am having an issue with my printer recognizing the Piezography cartridges. This started a short while ago, when I accidentally knocked the printer off its table to the floor (I know, stupid of me). When I got it back up and turned on, I ran a nozzle check, which showed that several nozzles were not working properly. After running some head cleanings and head alignments, these issues remained.

So, I thought perhaps I should reinsert cartridges with Piezoflush and run the ink charge program. However, that program says there is no ink, and the printer message says “Install ink cartridges that came with this printer,” and shows red circles with an “x” for each cartridge.

If anyone has any suggestions about correcting this, I would be very grateful.

Dear John, your carts got pretty banged up.

I suggest you make the printer chipless and then you will be able to flush and print without any chip issues.

https://inkchip.net/soft/

best
-Walker

Thanks I will give that a try.

John Wylie

Dear Walker - Thanks for the suggestion and link. If I were to make my printer chipless, would that be reversible at some point, say if I were to sell the printer to someone who does not use the Piezography inks?

Also, does this software do anything to the cartridges themselves? If I was to buy a different P600, could I still use the cartridges that I already have? Would I need to run the chipless software on the new printer?

Thanks for all your help,

| JohnW
November 17 |

• | - |

Dear Walker - Thanks for the suggestion and link. If I were to make my printer chipless, would that be reversible at some point, say if I were to sell the printer to someone who does not use the Piezography inks?

To reverse it you would simply install the most recent epson firmware . . .

Also, does this software do anything to the cartridges themselves? If I was to buy a different P600, could I still use the cartridges that I already have? Would I need to run the chipless software on the new printer?

It does nothing to the carts themselves.
-Walker

Thanks - I installed the chipless software, and was able to get the printer working again. I also ran an ink charge with Piezoflush from the Epson Adjustment program, and then another ink charge with Piezography Pro ink. The initial prints all have some red in them - I assume that is from the flush, no? Should I simply keep printing until it goes away, or would it be easier/better to run another ink charge with the Pro inkset?

I appreciate all your help here; it has saved me a lot of grief.

John

It’s the flush yeah,

I would print a bit more purge sheets and it will go away.

warm regards
-Walker

Thanks - that’s what I thought as well. Happy Thanksgiving.

John