Order of loading 3880 print driver and Quad3880-K7 in printers & scanners

If one removes the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 and the Quad3880-K7 from the list of Printers in System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and then reloads the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 and then the Quad3880-K7 (from Application > QuadToneRIP > Profiles > 3800-3880-K7 > Install3880…7.command) does that create any problems?

I am having trouble with my Macbook Pro communicating with my 3880 in the 3880 printer Utilities. I have been on the phone with Epson and they have had me remove and reload the Printers in Printers and Scanners.

Was able to establish communication with the printer and print successfully after installing new USB B to USB A cable. I am still interested in understanding if there are any issues with the order of reloading the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 and the Quad3880-K7 in the printer field of printers & scanners.

The only issue I’ve run into on my own printers (4800, 4880, and now the P800), is being sure to avoid using the airprint drivers that OSX seems to favor now. I normally connect to the machine over LAN rather than USB, but whatever you use, be sure to avoid the airprint driver in osx, as it does not manage color profiles correctly. Otherwise, no issues removing and reinstalling the epson drivers. It’s a good first step in diagnosing a problem.