Orange ink clogs

After struggling with fading orange ink, and spending a considerable amount replacing parts, etc, I discovered that the pigment, in the orange ink, was settling rapidly. Kelly was kind enough to send me a new orange ink formulation, which solved the problem. Since that time, the orange ink clogs rapidly, requiring either head cleaning, or powerful head cleaning, at least daily. It then prints normally. All other inks go weeks without needing any head cleaning. I’m wondering if there might have been a problem with the new orange ink formulation, which would cause the rapid clogging.

Hi Wes,

In April, Kelly sent you a new cartridge, a bottle of 220ml PiezoFlush intended to flush out that position, and a bottle of new Orange ink to use.

The new ink formulation is fine.

1. Did you flush out the ink channel in April or more recently with PiezoFlush?

2. Did you only replace the old ink cartridge/ink with the new ink cartridge/ink?

3. Did you pour in the new ink into the old ink cartridge?

regards,

Jon

Jon, I can’t, honestly, say I remember the answer to your questions, but knowing the formulation is proven OK, those will give me some things to check, and then I will reply. Thanks for the help.

[QUOTE=jon;10002]Hi Wes,

In April, Kelly sent you a new cartridge, a bottle of 220ml PiezoFlush intended to flush out that position, and a bottle of new Orange ink to use.

The new ink formulation is fine.

1. Did you flush out the ink channel in April or more recently with PiezoFlush?

2. Did you only replace the old ink cartridge/ink with the new ink cartridge/ink?

3. Did you pour in the new ink into the old ink cartridge?

regards,

Jon[/QUOTE]