Orange Cartridge is not recognized on Epson 4900

Hello i just recently purchased a refill kit for the Epson 4900 last week, we just refilled the cartridge for the Orange and an error shows up on the screen. We have reset the system and took out the cartridge multiple times, the epson does recognize the old cartridge is it possible to send a replacement chip for the Orange color.

Does your printer correctly read all the other refill carts, or is this the first refill cart you’ve installed?
Was this a brand new cartridge that you filled for the first time, and got an error when installing it into the printer, or did you initially install and use it well, but after removing and refilling the cartridge with ink, the printer displays an error?
Have you reset the cartridge chip? What is the exact message displayed on your printer’s LCD screen when the orange refill cart is installed?

Please let me know so I can help you get past this and back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Yes the printer does read all the other refill cartridges that i have already installed, this was a brand new cartridge that i just ordered last week and was filled for the first time. This was the first time i have installed and used the cartridge directly from the package, i reset the chip and the epson numerous times, the error just has a red x where the cartridge is located. I have 2 epson 4900 printers and this is the second set i have ordered with your company, i never had and issues b4 so this is definitely a bad chip, my company does numerous prints daily and i would greatly appreciate a quick resolution so i could continue business operation. I just would need a replacement chip for the Orange cartridge for the epson 4900 printer. Thank You

Thanks for the additional information. From what you explain, it sounds like the battery behind the orange chip may be dead or not working correctly. You can try replacing the battery for the quickest possible solution, and
we will send you a replacement 4900 orange chip. We recommend everyone have a set of spare chips and fresh batteries on hand, as chips can wear out, and batteries only last about a year.
You can read more about the batteries and how to replace them, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/wordpress/product-use/r3000-cartridge-batteries/
New chips are available here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.84882/.f

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: