Ongoing saga of printer not printing

Just awoke to Error 00010037 YIkes!

Your print head thermistor is telling you that you have a short between the head and the cable.

You got some liquid in there during surgery. It happens . . . May be time to give up the ghost on this . . . .

-Walker

Just picked up 1k in ink only to have these issues. Maybe your right, but what am I gonna do with all this ink! Any other compatible printers?

So print head surgery shows…

Now the million dollar question is would this damage cause the print head to not pull ink? Or am I chasing two daemons?

I know enough about electronics to know that’s some bad corrosion. Ate the plastic. Wow. So even if I get a new cable I might need a new print head based on the connector might be to far gone.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the following Dana/Walker.

• Could this corrosion have cause the original ink issue?
• Does that print head look healthy otherwise?

I am actually not scared about the corrosion to the connector I can always replace them, not ideal, but better then chasing a 1k ink investment with 1k printhead. If not does anyone want to buy some ink and a parts 9800? :wink:

The print-head is NOT healthy. The internal electronics have shorted to the point of a temp thermistor error. You have at least one channel that has gone because of that.

The head short is not what keeps the ink from drawing but it’s shorting could be a symtom of what caused the ink getting into the head in the first place (if back-pressure caused the fragile damper foil to break.)

As stated previously, the carts on this printer are closed. The only way they will let their ink out is if they are pressurized, so if you don’t have pressure going into the carts, it will be impossible to suck ink out other than a little bit (forward a few inches only during vacuum cleaning). There is no mechanism on the head that will “close” the channels so even if you have a dead disconnected head in the printer, the ink vacuum would still be able to get ink through.

I’m not sure what to tell you here. It’s hard to diagnose a printer from afar with this many problems. If it were a car, I would put it on blocks in the front yard, but then again I’m a Vermonter hick. Working models of this printer can be found for less than the cost of the print-head if you look hard. And the printer you have has useful parts in it . . . but that is a personal calculation you need to weigh.

best,
Walker

Thanks Walker. I’ll attempt a new cable for $10 failing that it’s becoming a parts machine. Appreciate the continued and quick follow up. 9800s don’t come up for sale often in my area and when they do they require print heads.

Can these inks be used in a 9900?

yes, they can.

best,
Walker

What about a 9890? I am guessing these are different inks? From what I purchased the ConeColor Pro K3 (HD version) - 700ml - Set of 9

Thanks

Yes. The 9890 just doesn’t have the Orange and Green inks.

cheers,
Walker

Thanks, I didn’t get Orange and Green with my 9800 set. Just Y M C MBK LM LBK LC LM and PK

Well. The replacement cable got things moving again, back to square one, no ink on paper.

Pressure isn’t the issue. Opened a cart with the printer on. Air sounds and ink pushed up and out. Oh well, If we don’t have any other ideas I’ll part it out. If anyone has a working 9800 for sale hit me up.

Found a 9800 working. If anyone needs parts hit me up.