New LLK not recognized in Epson Pro 3880

hi there,

I replaced the light cyan cartridge a few weeks ago with no problems at all. I’ve followed the same steps with the LLK and it did not recognize the chip. I’ve tried taking the chip out and putting it in a few times and powering on/off, removing all other cartridges, etc to no avail whatsoever.

Two of my colleagues took a look at both cartridges and agreed that they looked identical in what I had done… so I’m not totally crazy :slight_smile:

Does anyone have other tips I can try? I really want to get things printing ASAP as it’s marketing materials that customers are now waiting for…

Hi Sandra~

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your printer correctly recognizing this LLK chip. Please tell me, what is the exact message displayed on the printer’s LCD panel?
Please check the LLK reset chip- does it have three plastic tabs sticking out of the back of the plastic base, to secure it to the cartridge? Does the reset chip connect to the cartridge well, or does it pop up? Please check the back of the reset chip to verify there are three pins of equal length sticking out the back. Is the Epson chip you’re using under this reset chip from your previously good working Epson LLK cartridge? Is there any writing on the face of the reset chip? If so, what does it say?

Please let me know so I can help you get back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: