New Chips Question and Issue

I recently purchased the set of nine auto reset chip and holders for the Epson R3000 printer.

1. I noticed that there is no battery and the two, gold metal reset points are not on the chip. How is this chip different from the older ones with a battery and how do I reset these.

2. One of the chips (CHIP-R3000-NB-LK) does not work. With the new chip is, the cartridge was not recognized. When I put the old chip back in, it worked fine.

Thanks for your help,
Leon

I believe that IJM has recently switched to “smart” chips that don’t require batteries for the R3000. Instead, they autoreset after being removed from the printer after it claims they are low. To reset them at other time requires a chip resetter.

These chips have changed to Auto-Reset chips, they are reset once emptied, removed, refilled and re-installed, they will reset to Full.

It sounds like you received a faulty chip, I will send one out in the mail tomorrow for you.

Kindly,
Kelly

I thought that there wasn’t a chip resetter for the the auto-reset R3000 chips? Which is why the choice between the ARC and the battery chips isn’t entirely clear. The batteries are a pain, but so is not being able to fill and manually reset.

There is no resetter for the R3000 old style with battery or the new style without battery. They auto reset or you trigger the old style by shorting the two contacts as per our instructions for the R3000 (which cover both styles).

[QUOTE=KellyC;6792]These chips have changed to Auto-Reset chips, they are reset once emptied, removed, refilled and re-installed, they will reset to Full.

It sounds like you received a faulty chip, I will send one out in the mail tomorrow for you.

Kindly,
Kelly[/QUOTE]

Hi Kelly,

I received the new chip, installed it and it works fine.

Thank you.

I didn’t realize there was a new chip that resets itself. I normally refill all my cartridges when at least one is half full. Will I still be able to do this and have all the cartridges reset themselves? What initiates the chips to reset back to full?

Thanks again,
Leon

Any reply on the question above?

Thanks.

Non-Battery Style Chips for the R3000 & 4900 carts
1.These chips are very accurate at reading ink levels, they will reset themselves only AFTER the cartridge reads empty, you remove, refill and voila, the chip reads full again
-For flush carts, this would mean, you would install and run 1 Init.Fill and not be able to run another, UNTIL you run the carts empty, at which point there is no need of running a 2nd init. fill because you would essential have the flush worked well into your system
-But, if you wanted to do this again, say after you have cleared your clogged nozzles, re-installed your printing inks and then want to store your printer with the flush carts, you would could then swap out your chips from already empty reading chips from other carts and install as a full set

Hope this answers your question,
Kindly-Kelly

What I normally do is wait till one cartridge is almost empty then fill up all the cartridges.

It sounds like if I do that, the level readings will not be accurate? Then at some point, the level will show empty and there’ll still be ink in the cartridge?

This ONLY applies to the 2 NON-Battery style chips, the others that have batteries CAN be reset manually if you want.

I would simply wait until they read empty, then refill them all at the same time, at which point the AUTO-RESET chips will Automatically reset. For the others with batteries, you can manually reset them yourself to verify ALL the chips/carts are refilled and reset at the same time.

Sorry for me being a little dense on this one. I’m just trying to understand.

I’m using an R3000. Let’s say I see one cartridge empty and the others are still partially full. At that point, if I refill all the cartridges, the chips will show all the cartridges full?

No, the only time they will reset is when they read empty, are taken OUT, refilled and put back in the printer, at which point they will reset. This applies to the AUTO RESET chips.