New carts not being recognized-error message on Epson r3000

Three new, unused carts [Y, VLM,LC] are not being recognized after installation. These carts were purchased in January 2013 and have remained in the original packaging. The batteries in all three were weak and were replaced. Per recommendation, the printer was unplugged and de-cabled for thirty minutes or more prior to reinstallation. These new carts have been re-installed several times with the same negative results. They didn’t work with original batteries or the new ones. The chips have been reset several times also. The carts are firmly seated. I have $300 of Cone-Color ink I can’t use. Do you have a solution?

This is very unusual, and I would expect the carts would work well after replacing the old batteries. We will send you replacement chips for these three carts.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with the new chips, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

Dana, thank you for the quick response. My shipping address has not changed. Do you need any further info?

I already processed your replacement order this morning, so you should receive the chips shortly.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana, the new chips worked perfectly the first time. Hugh relief! No error messages and the ink levels are correct. I still have 5 carts to be installed in the future, two very soon. If this same issue develops again, will they be under warranty as well? Again, thank you for the quick response and turn around. Such good service is getting rarer every day.

Excellent, I’m glad to hear the new chips resolved your problem.

It is a well known issue that the chip batteries have a limited life of about a year, so based on the fact you purchased the carts over a year ago, I expect you will need new batteries for chips for other carts as well. Other chips will not be a warranty replacement (I sent you these three as a favor), since the carts were purchased over a year ago.
Information about chip battery life, and how to replace chip batteries can be found here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/wordpress/product-use/r3000-cartridge-batteries/
Replacement chips and batteries are available here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.84880/.f

Thank you, we work hard to provide the best customer service possible and keep our customers happily printing. We believe the personal/human touch, as well as knowledge and genuine care is important for good customer service, and wish more companies felt the same way.

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: