New 9900 Cartridge Not Working

Hi Inkjet Mall,

I bought a complete set of 9900 refillable Cartridges from you last week to fill with your PiezoFlush Fluid and hopefully get my head cleaned and printing again. The head issue that I originy have is with the cyan part of the head (a stubborn clog). After installing your refillable cartridges and doing the initfill and then doing a nozzle check the “orange” does not print at all. I still have the issue of the cyan missing some nozzles (yes in the exact same spots as before). I have done 2 initfills to make sure that the fluid from the orange slot was being pumped to the head. I have also checked the cartridge itself and their are no leaks and I have primed the exit hole 3 times but still no (not 1 nozzle) pink piezofluid coming thru at all. I was planning to let the fluid soak in the head a couple of days to see if it would help on getting the cyan to be cleared out; but I was not expecting the new issue with the Orange cartridge/line not working.

Thanks for any help,
Pete Tyson

Hi Pete~

Thanks for the detailed information.
Is your printer’s pressurization pump turning on frequently after installing the refillable carts?
Please open the front cover, and examine the internal ink lines- are they all filled with pink PiezoFlush, or do you see ink or air gaps in any (especially the orange line)?
Unfortunately, this printer model is not as easy to clean/maintain as previous models, but you can still clean the capping stations, wiper blade, flushing box and bottom of the print head by following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance
If all the ink lines are filled with fluid, then I suggest installing the Epson orange cart and doing a few regular cleaning cycles, and printing a nozzle check to test if the orange refillable cartridge is somehow restricting flow.

Please let me know your results, if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,
In answer to question #1 - No it is not coming on frequently that I have noticed.
On Question #2 I can see some air bubbles on the very far right hand side of the tubing (about where the tube curls up and around to the ink selector area). I cannot tell you if it is the orange line or not do to all lines now have the pink solution in it; but I guess it is the orange. I have done 3 init fills before writing this on 7/09/14 and a few color pair cleanings of the or/gr to see if that helps (and it hasn’t helped at all). I have noticed today with all of the initial fills that I did; almost all of the cartridges have emptied out their pink fluid but the orange is still almost full (doesn’t look like much has traveled out at all). Any ideas?

Pete Tyson

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4338]Hi Pete~

Thanks for the detailed information.
Is your printer’s pressurization pump turning on frequently after installing the refillable carts?
Please open the front cover, and examine the internal ink lines- are they all filled with pink PiezoFlush, or do you see ink or air gaps in any (especially the orange line)?
Unfortunately, this printer model is not as easy to clean/maintain as previous models, but you can still clean the capping stations, wiper blade, flushing box and bottom of the print head by following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance
If all the ink lines are filled with fluid, then I suggest installing the Epson orange cart and doing a few regular cleaning cycles, and printing a nozzle check to test if the orange refillable cartridge is somehow restricting flow.

Please let me know your results, if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Pete Tyson;4359]Hi Dana,
In answer to question #1 - No it is not coming on frequently that I have noticed.
On Question #2 I can see some air bubbles on the very far right hand side of the tubing (about where the tube curls up and around to the ink selector area). I cannot tell you if it is the orange line or not do to all lines now have the pink solution in it; but I guess it is the orange. I have done 3 init fills before writing this on 7/09/14 and a few color pair cleanings of the or/gr to see if that helps (and it hasn’t helped at all). I have noticed today with all of the initial fills that I did; almost all of the cartridges have emptied out their pink fluid but the orange is still almost full (doesn’t look like much has traveled out at all). Any ideas?

Pete Tyson[/QUOTE]

After writing the above paragraph I went thru every cartridge and all but the orange are down to 1/2 to 1" from the bottom of their cartridges. The orange is 90% still full. According to the LCD panel the orange is showing almost empty but the physical viewing is almost full. Its as if the pump is not pulling any ink/piezo fluid out of the orange at all. Not sure; but isn’t their only 1 pump (or maybe 1 per side) for pulling the ink thru the lines and not one pump per color/line? I also did 3 color pair cleanings and ran out of the green/piezo fluid but the orange tank is still full.

Hi Pete~

Thanks for the additional information.

From what you explain, PiezoFlush is flowing from all the carts, as all the lines are filled with pink PiezoFlush. If all the carts are down to 1/2-1" from the bottom, except the orange is still about 90% full, then something is restricting flow (though not completely, or PiezoFlush wouldn’t be in the internal ink line). There is only one pressure pump in the printer, which controls all carts/channels, so the pump is not the issue.
Please reinstall the Epson orange cart and do a few paired cleaning cycles, then print a nozzle check to test if the cartridge is restricting flow, or if the issue is further down the line in the damper or head.

Keep me posted, thanks~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4367]Hi Pete~

Thanks for the additional information.

From what you explain, PiezoFlush is flowing from all the carts, as all the lines are filled with pink PiezoFlush. If all the carts are down to 1/2-1" from the bottom, except the orange is still about 90% full, then something is restricting flow (though not completely, or PiezoFlush wouldn’t be in the internal ink line). There is only one pressure pump in the printer, which controls all carts/channels, so the pump is not the issue.
Please reinstall the Epson orange cart and do a few paired cleaning cycles, then print a nozzle check to test if the cartridge is restricting flow, or if the issue is further down the line in the damper or head.

Keep me posted, thanks~ Dana[/QUOTE]

I tried reinstalling the cartridge and still no good. I do know that I have to replace the head (due to the cyan issue) and I was planning to order a damper assembly at the same time; so I will clean out the lines when I get it all apart again. yea!

Thank You Dana for your help!
Pete Tyson

Hi Pete~

Please do keep me posted, and let me know if you have further questions or if there’s else I can help you with (or at least try to help you with).

Best regards~ Dana