Mysteriously missing Piezoflush?

Just getting started in Piezography and just re-filled my carts for the first time. No problems there except I noticed something odd–my LLK Piezo cart (I’m on a 3880) was about two-thirds empty. The Photo black was down only about 10% (or less since the carts are, of course, not loaded 100% full).

A I’m doing all sorts of testing and troubleshooting getting things rolling here and I’ve done plenty of nozzle checks and line flushes since I loaded the carts for the first time. But what would account for the heavy use of PiezoFlush in the LLK cart?

–Darin

Was your printer was in MK mode? If so, the level of the PK cart would not go down after doing power clean cycles.
What is the remaining level in your other carts? I expect they’ll be between 1/2 and 3/4 empty after flushing your ink lines.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

The other (ink filled) carts varied from about 30% full to 50% full. Printer is in MK mode. Don’t see anything pink on the prints. Thanks for the info on the PK cart not being used during power clean. Didn’t know that. I’ll keep an eye on it.

–Darin

If you have PiezoFlush in your LLK cartridge, then you aren’t printing gloss- correct? If so, you should have PiezoFlush in your PK cartridge and ink line as well, since that channel isn’t being used, to prevent clogging/drying, so it remains in good working condition if you want to use it in the future.

The ink cartridge levels will go down at different rates, depending on the images you’re printing, and the amount of each shade used for printing. The LLK channel will only be used when you do cleaning cycles or print nozzle checks, and as long as you are selecting the correct “K7” curves, it won’t be used when printing images thru QTR. Keep an eye on your LLK cartridge and let me know if it continues going down faster than the others. If it’s not leaking or have obvious signs of a problem, then I assume it’s working correctly.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions or there;s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: