My epson r3000 printer stops printing -Error message "VLM cartridge is missing"

This problem started after I filled the cartridge kit and inks I purchased from you, filled them and loaded them into the r3000. I did not have this issue with the cartridges from epson!
Now I need to shut off the printer , remove the VLM cartridge and snap it back into the unit, turn it back on and try printing again. It may or may not start working again and I may have to repeat the process. I used and eraser and rubbed the two contact points to clean them and the problem reoccurs and stops printing.
I feel the the cartridge you sent me is defective since it is the same cartridges having the sam problem over and over again.

I didn’t think I have to go through this much trouble to send notes in an attempt to get a new VLM cartridge since it seems that one of them is defective. Obviously, the one you sent in the complete kit I purchased for over $340 would cause me so much grief.

victor palagano
vpalagano@cox.net
864-278-8383

customer# c22789

Hi Victor~

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased the set of R3000 refillable carts about six months ago. When did you first fill and install the refill carts into your printer?
From what you explain, it sounds like the chip on your VLM chip isn’t working correctly/consistently, and I expect your problems will be resolved by replacing the chip on the cartridge.

We will send you a replacement R3000 VLM chip to attach to your VLM cartridge in place of the existing chip. I just posted an article with instructions for replacing a chip on a R3000 refillable cartridge: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?150-How-to-replace-chip-on-refillable-R3000-cartridge

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything further I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: