MK channel blocked in an Epson Stylus Pro 7700

Did you switch to PK and do a nozzle check? This determines if the block is at the cartridge end or at the damper or after the damper.

Most likely you need a new damper.

best,
Walker

I picked up an old Epson Stylus Pro 7700.
I’ve been cleaning the heads etc. All channels ar now perfect except the MK channel. The printer came with a none OEM Matt Black cartridge which i changed out fr an original Epson Matt Black. But it is still blocked. What would you advise.

Are you able to advise how to switch to PK as I have only bought this a week ago and it didn’t come with a manual. Thank you for your suggestions and is a damper easy to fit?
Kindest Regards A

Is there a video or step by step guide to changing the dampers or was reading that it would be easier to replace the selector unit which includes the dampers?
Regards

Here’s the user manual.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&ei=YZaBWrwmg-XmAu28koAL&q=epson+7700+user+manual&oq=epson+7700+user+manual&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i30k1j0i8i30k1.48386.48584.0.48680.2.2.0.0.0.0.134.219.1j1.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.218...0i13k1j0i8i13i30k1.0.ZFUh6CotqQ0

If you are new to all of this you need to get an epson tech or friend who is technically minded to replace the dampers.

compassmicro.com has dampers.

regards,
Walker

2manuals.com has the repair manual for this printer with photographs and instructions.

best,
Walker