Matte Paper Recommendations for Epson Stylus Pro 7600

I’ll be flushing old ink from my Stylus 7600 and installing new carts with ConeColor inks and was looking for any guidance on matte paper selection. To qualify how I intend to use it knowing there are endless considerations, I want to print color photos in sizes larger than 13x19 of people (sheet) and landscapes panorama’s (roll).

I currently have a box of Epson matte 17 x 22 (4.9 mil, 27 lbs.) and a roll of HP matte bright white 24" x 150’. I have yet to learn more about using profiles for the 2009 Mac Pro (OS 10.5.8) that I am able to print using the Stylus 7600. I’ve not found drivers to print from my current Windows machines.

I’m open to any thoughts of what paper works well for this printer or general insights on paper for Epson printers using the ConeColor inks. You can provide a link to any other sites so I can research it further on my own.

It’s been a few years, but I printed countless prints on a 9600 setup with Cone Color inks. I can’t say any one paper was “better” than another but I found many clients gravitated to Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308, and Hahnemuhle Bamboo. My suggestion is buy some sample packs from the major players and see what you like best, and what gives the best Dmax.