Maintenance tanks 7890

Hello Walker, I am trying a piezo flush first before I do the dampers on the 7890 I have. I noticed that after doing the the intitial ink fill the right waste tank got lots of ink weighed a ton but when I checked the left tank that was band. Ew no ink is this normal ? Seems odd to me. Any help is welcome.
Thank you
John

Oops, a typo I meant to say brand new tank

The left tank only gets left-over ink that was printed into the platen pads during full-bleed prints. This was actually a miss-engineered thing that was eliminated on the newer printers. It will never fill with ink.

best,
Walker

Hello Walker, after doing and initial fill with piezo flush I lost my yellow channel and found that the flush has only made it half way to the head. So I tried a second fill cycle and it is maybe 2/3 Of the way there now however with a large air pocket closet to the head. Is that and indication of the damper being clogged? Or something else? I can see the ink move if illuminated with a flash light if that info is helpful

Thank you,
John

This is indicative of a damper clogged with air. I suggest doing a few more CL4 cleanings on that channel pair (essentially initial fills but only for the channel pair). Once the air block is out it should clear up entirely.

best,
Walker