MacOS Sonoma upgrade

Currently I am in macOS Monterey and my epson3880 printer with piezo inks is working fine. theoretically should it be ok to upgrade to Sonoma?

Read up on folks woes with Sonoma and see if it’s what you want. Your printer will still work. Piezography is possible. But it’s different.

My opinion is that you really need to investigate what you are going to lose in terms of printing ease and convenience with what you are going to gain in the rest of your life in terms of what Sonoma will bring to you. Everyone is printing from Sonoma - but not necessarily happily.

regards,

Jon

Thanks

My question is slightly more general, I have been using my 2012 Macbook Pro to print on my Epson 3880 for years, and I still have it, but I recently invested in a new Macbook Pro M2 running Sonoma, which I’d like to use to print as well. Is there anything I need to know or do before connecting it to the 3880, and what printer driver will I have to use to continue with Cone Color Pro inks, or Piezo inks with my 2880.?

EPSON and Sonoma still has support for EPSON 3880 / 2880 for color printing. Color management is now more difficult if you make your own ICC profiles you would need use either Print Tool or Preview in order to turn off color management to print the targets. Adobe Color Utility can no longer be used. And of course there are no more saved settings in print dialogue and instead you will use cumbersome but eventually get used to “pre-sets”. Piezography remains the same because it uses Print Tool and QTR.

regards,

Jon

Thank you Jon, That’s what I wanted to know. When I made the switch from my 2012 MBP to this M2, I can no longer use Photoshop CS6 because it’s not compatible with the M2. I just wanted to be sure Epson wouldn’t update the driver and mess things up.
Thanks again,
Bernie