Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina transition update

v 4 of Catalina is finally out. Itypically wait for this release as it seems this is when the kinks for color management and printer interfaces are finally stable. Just wondering, as it has been a while, if an update on issues with Colorport, Print Tool, QTR, Professional Tool 2.2.1 is worth posting.

As you know ColorPort will not work on 10.15 or newer version of MacOS. i1Profiler is the workflow now.

Everything else is compatible.

best,
Walker

Will there be a i1Pro 21x16 calibration target set soon. I just finished running Pro Ink profiles for Moab Entrada and Hahnemühle William Turner using the iterative process and am more than a bit blown away at how good that works. Never seen results like these. Hats off!

You mean 21x16 for i1Profiler for v2 devices?

It’s already there.

Archive.zip (886.6 KB)

No just i1Pro original device.

As a followup to my friend Don’s question in March, is there a 21x16 for i1Profiler for v1 devices? When I load Piezography-21x16step-i1Pro2.pwxf an iPro2 device is not found since I don’t have one. I edited the pwxf file to add MeasurementDevice=“i1Pro” so it could be recognized. When I step back to the Test Chart tab and select i1Pro, the chart converts to 2 pages. Going through the pwxf file I’ve tried changing patch heights, patch widths, and percentages of each and get close but no cigar. I’ve looked at all the other (I think) pwxf files to see if I can find an answer there but no luck. Also, the 21x16 seems to be the only one on photo paper although at least 1 has a custom paper size if memory serves.

Also, I’m thinking of upgrading to an i1Pro 3. Will this step chart and all the others work with that device?