LLK Cart not recognized by Epson 3800

I’m phasing-in the refillable carts on an Epson 3800. Have done this before, both with the older large carts and the new carts.

In this case, the LLK cart isn’t recognized. I’ve tried two different Epson LLK chips with it. The “remove carts/turn-it-off” reset doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Carl

Hi Carl~

I apologize for not responding sooner, I have been working with a few clients over the past several days, and have not had a chance to check and respond to my email as normal.
I can certainly help get your LLK refill cart recognized by your 3800 printer, but need some additional information first, if you could please answer my questions below.

1. What is the exact error message displayed on your printer’s LCD screen after inserting the LLK refill cart?
  2. Do you have other refillable carts installed in this printer? If so, are they the older large style carts, new “80ml” carts, or carts from a different company?
  3. How is the LLK reset chip marked (does it say “LLK” or a different color position on it)?
  4. What cartridge did you have installed in the LLK position prior to installing this LLK refill cart?

Please let me know so I can determine the cause and solution to your problem, to get you back to happily printing ASAP.
Tanks and best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,

The resetter on this cart doesn’t have anything written on it (most of the others do). The error is “Ink cart error. Please install correct cart”.

Hi Carl~

Thanks for the additional information. From what you describe, it sounds like this reset chip isn’t functioning correctly for some reason, so we will send a replacement in today’s mail.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know when you have received the tried the new chip (I will check it in our printer before shipping, to verify it works correctly), how things go, or it there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana

Works like a champ! Thanks Dana!

Fantastic- thanks for letting me know!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: