Lines on Epson 3880 Prints

Hello everyone and thank you for your time and help. We’ve been using our Epson 3880 for about a year now, of course it just came out of warranty! We previously had an issue with ink blotches and blasted the entire unit with compressed air, it’s since corrected itself, most like something was stuck under the print head from what we researched. Although unfortunately it did not fix the problem with banding in our prints. We have to run a head cleaning every 10 prints or so to correct it, we’re burning through a lot of ink and waste pads. The nozzle check comes out find because it prints correctly after a head cleaning. We’re assuming the heads are a bit clogged and we were going to take it to an epson service center but quite frankly we can’t do a week of downtime and of course I’m sure it’s going to cost an arm and a leg. We use inkjetmall carts and ink, I was browsing the site and saw they do sell cleaning solution.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas we could try before having to surrender it to the epson service center?

We would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks again,
Frank

Hi Frank~

I recommend manually cleaning your printer’s capping station, wiper blade and bottom of the print head by following our instructions, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have questions, how things go, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: