Light magenta chip showing amply when full

This is not a hindering issue, but I am mystified enough to wonder if there is an explanation.

The chip on my light magenta cartridge registers as going down very quickly. When it gets near empty I remove it and and find that is is still quite full. I reset the chip and it register full but then goes to empty quickly again even though it still has lots of ink.

Other chips operate correctly.

These are refillable cartridges I purchased from InkJetMall.

Thanks,

–Kenoli

Hi Kenoli~

I checked your order history, and see you have purchased a few sets of 7900/9900 350ml refillable cartridges, the last were purchased at the end of 2012.
If your other carts/chips are reading correctly, but the VLM is going down faster than all the others (and doesn’t make sense based on the images you’re printing), then it may be the VLM chip is getting won out and not tracking correctly (?) I do know the light colors are often used more than the other colors, so it is typical for the LK, LC and LM to go down faster than others. If you’re printing skin tones, the LM would certainly go down faster than others. It may be worth replacing the chip on your VLM and see if the new chip gives you more accurate ink level tracking.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

The chip did that from the first time I used it. It commonly shows empty when nearly full.

Are you suggesting replacing it with one of the chips from another set of cartridges?

–Kenoli

You could try a VLM chip from another refill cart, if you have one on hand, but I was suggesting a new chip, which you can get here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.52335/.f

Please keep me posted, and let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: