K7 Piezo Ink Blob! Epson 7600

Hi,

I’ve been a long time user of Cone Inks and the Piezo process. However, I am stumped on this one. I recently moved my Epson 7600 from the house to the studio. During the move the printer stool idle for a couple of weeks. When I got everything running again and got to a perfect nozzle check, all of the sudden I got this big black ink blob on the paper and the black print head doesn’t work at all now. Please see the attached image. Also, the ink levels are a little low but I think no where near the intake tube of the cartridge.

Thanks in advance.

Please tell me the steps you took before moving the printer to the studio, by answering the following questions:

1.Did you take any measures to clear the ink from the lines Before the move?
2.Did you move the printer with the ConeColor ink and cartridges installed?
3.Did you perform any manual cleaning on the Print Head, Capping station and Wiper blade, After moving the printer?
4.How far was it moved, ie.mile, 100 feet, up a flight of stairs, etc.?
5.Did you perform any head cleaning cycles after moving and before start up?

This is a good start and may point us in the direction for resolve, please read and answer EACH question thoroughly to help us better understand how the process played out.

Kindly,
Kelly

[QUOTE=KellyC;6903]Please tell me the steps you took before moving the printer to the studio, by answering the following questions:

1.Did you take any measures to clear the ink from the lines Before the move?

No.

2.Did you move the printer with the ConeColor ink and cartridges installed?

No. I’ve had the Piezo K7 carts in the printer for about a year.

3.Did you perform any manual cleaning on the Print Head, Capping station and Wiper blade, After moving the printer?

No manual cleaning. I have done that before, but didn’t think I needed it this time. Just a few of the Power Cleaning Cycles.

4.How far was it moved, ie.mile, 100 feet, up a flight of stairs, etc.?

Carefully moved about a mile.

5.Did you perform any head cleaning cycles after moving and before start up?

Yes, I did a few of the Power Cleaning Cycles and the test print had just printed perfectly.

This is a good start and may point us in the direction for resolve, please read and answer EACH question thoroughly to help us better understand how the process played out.

Kindly,
Kelly[/QUOTE]

Please see my replies inserted into your message.

Thank you

I will converse with Dana about this tomorrow and get back to you. It sounds like you may have introduced ink into the line(s), one of us will be in touch tomorrow.

Kindly,
Kelly

I will converse with Dana tomorrow about this, one of us will be in touch with you. It sounds like you may have introduced air into the line(s). As for a straight forward remedy, I am not 100% for the 7600, so let me go over this with the expert and get back to you.

Kindly,
Kelly

We both agree this sounds like one of two things, either there is air present in the lines OR you need to perform a cleaning on the Capping Station, Wiper blade and bottom of the Print Head.

To check for air in the line(s) simply inspect the lines running from the cartridges to the print head carriage assembly to visually look for air bubbles or lack of ink.

Perform a cleaning on the recommended parts above, follow this link http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance Doing this procedure will NOT harm your printer in any way, and should be performed once every 6 months or so depending on use.

If there is NO air present in the lines and performing the recommended cleaning, it could be a clogged damper (dampers should be replaced as recommended by Epson, once a year). Worse case scenario, the head has failed, which for your sake I hope is not the case.

Please let me know your findings after you inspect for air in the line(s) & have preformed a through cleaning.
Kelly

[QUOTE=KellyC;6918]We both agree this sounds like one of two things, either there is air present in the lines OR you need to perform a cleaning on the Capping Station, Wiper blade and bottom of the Print Head.

To check for air in the line(s) simply inspect the lines running from the cartridges to the print head carriage assembly to visually look for air bubbles or lack of ink.

Perform a cleaning on the recommended parts above, follow this link http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance Doing this procedure will NOT harm your printer in any way, and should be performed once every 6 months or so depending on use.

If there is NO air present in the lines and performing the recommended cleaning, it could be a clogged damper (dampers should be replaced as recommended by Epson, once a year). Worse case scenario, the head has failed, which for your sake I hope is not the case.

Please let me know your findings after you inspect for air in the line(s) & have preformed a through cleaning.
Kelly[/QUOTE]

Ok… thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a try and report back!!