Just got my new ConeColor ink for the R3000 and the printer will not recognize

I followed the refill procedure for filling the cartridge the first time, worked like a charm. (VLM) replace
put the cartridge in and the printer states “Can not recognize cartridge” took out, reset, same issue
Just returned from store with new 377 batteries, replaced the battery, same issue. reset with new battery same issue.

This is my first time using refillable carts and I wanted to go with a very reputable source… So far, I still can not print
and I have tried everything. Am I missing something? Help? Christmas cards need to get going!

Thanks,
-Steve

and I should probably add that the chip matches the cartridge as well (1576)

These R3000s have been super reliable. You may have received one with a defect in the chip. You just bought these from us and they are in the manufacturers warranty period. I am having another chip assembly shipped out to you and you can simply replace the chip assembly on your filled cart with the new one.

THANK YOU!! I look forward to receiving it… VLM is the one I run out of the most… (1576)

[QUOTE=ssavenelli;5597]I followed the refill procedure for filling the cartridge the first time, worked like a charm. (VLM) replace
put the cartridge in and the printer states “Can not recognize cartridge” took out, reset, same issue
Just returned from store with new 377 batteries, replaced the battery, same issue. reset with new battery same issue.

This is my first time using refillable carts and I wanted to go with a very reputable source… So far, I still can not print
and I have tried everything. Am I missing something? Help? Christmas cards need to get going!

Thanks,
-Steve[/QUOTE]

I’m having almost exactly the same problem, with a VLM cartridge. I bought a full set of cartridges and inks in September but it wasn’t until just before Christmas that VLM and LC ran out and I did my first Cone ink installation – carefully and nervously following all the instructions. Both of them worked when first installed, and I ran a number of print jobs, but the next day I got the error message “cannot recognize cartridge” for the VLM. I tried resetting the chip, no luck. After reading these forums, I figured I should try replacing the battery first, so I ordered some of those online and when they finally arrived last week I replaced it. Still no luck. Tried reset several times. Nothing.

Hope you all can help me with this.

Thanks,
Mikael

Hi Mikael~

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your VLM cartridge being recognized by your printer. Since you have already tried resetting it and changed the battery, without success, I will send you a new VLM chip to attach to your current cartridge.

Please let me know your results with the new chip, if you have questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

Hi again Mikael~

I just processed your replacement chip order, and see we no longer have the battery style VLM chips, so you will receive a non-battery VLM chip, which we have tested and works well in combination with battery style chips.

Warmly~ Dana

Thanks for the quick help, Dana. Non-battery chips do seem like a good idea – changing out those batteries isn’t all that easy!

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Best,
Mikael

You are very welcome Mikael, we’re here to help!

Keep me posted.
Warmly~ Dana :slight_smile: