Is there a best way to use the warm neutral shade 1 for silkscreen transparencies?

Hi Dana and Jon,

I did my best to sniff this answer out of the previous threads, but the closest I came was the custom curves question by JohnB. I followed that but it seems more complicated than what I’m looking for and I don’t have the necessary equipment.

My main interest is making nice solid black transparencies for silkscreen and photopolymer emulsion etching. I have had good results with my color set on a 1400 using the greyscale printing, but I currently have the special edition black set in and don’t want to change the whole set out.(–I will have to put in the warm neutral shade 1) Is it possible to just print with the solid black channel by making a simple curve or tweaking the linearization? How would I set QTR to print 100% pure black, and could I use this with the color set as well? Or is there some simpler alternative?

Thanks for your consideration, and I hope I didn’t miss some completely obvious source for this info…

-Seth

We do not use the Curve Tool in QTR - we never have. We have our own profiling application that then compiles curves that are QTR compatible - though not QTR editable.

So, we can not instruct you how to make a custom QTR curve for your black ink. You can download the Curve making documentation at www.quadtonerip.com. We do sell a lot of Warm Neutral Shade 1 opaque black ink to silkscreen printers. WE do not know how they make their film. But they tell us the ink is fully opaque for their needs. We first designed it as an opaque black ink for Piezography Backlit.