Is it possible to switch piezo flush ... for an ink and reprofile

the Nozzle with # 2 ink on a 9800 has begun to have a funky stair step pattern. quite a few of the bars flatten out for a step before they drop down.

Everything else still works well.

I was wondering if it was possible to do a profile and switch the # 2 ink and the piezo flush.

Is there anything else that might help, other then a new head.

thanks

michael

Hi Michael~

I reviewed your order history, and see you originally bought 9800 refillable carts and Piezography ink from us about six years ago.
I have a few questions below, if you could please answer to give me more information about your setup/situation, in order to determine what’s going on, and the best solution to get you back to happily printing.

Are you using the same printer since then?
If so, how often have you cleaned the capping station, wiper blade, flushing box and bottom of the print head? Have any parts been replaced, such as the dampers, wiper, capping station, flushing box, etc?
If so, what parts and when were they replaced?
How often have you been agitating your ink carts?
How often has this printer been used vs. how long does it sit unused?
What are the temperature and humidity levels in your printing environment?
When did the mis-firing nozzles first start?
What have you done already to try cleaning/fixing the mis-firing nozzles?

Please let me know so I can help you past this and back to printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

same 9800 printer

I have been pretty good about nursing the machine along … and clean stuff regularly … keep inks very mixed … and never let it sit for more then a week with out using it. I am in a low humidity environment, I use a sponge in to machine and keep putting a drop or two of unpigmented ink/on ink on all the station pads.

just so I am clear all of the nozzles have been firing … it is just that on the #2 ink the steps are not coming out as steps … but rather as something like step, step, step and then a line where either two or three steps run together in a line and do not step … and then the stepping goes on again. The rest of the nozzles have been firing well.

So I was wondering whether I could switch the #2 ink into the flush ink and do a profile.

This may all be moot … I had a maintenance request for Pump Cap Assembly … Ironically I had just replaced the Pump Cap Assembly. I did not reset the counters and was going to do that to day … when I got the 0001002D while doing a power clean … is there a way to reset the counter. So far I am not finding how to do this.

thanks michael

Thanks for the additional information.

Have the dampers, flushing box and/or wiper blade been replaced in the last three years? If not, they should be SOON.

As per the Epson repair manual, the error you just got indicates the “Cleaning Unit” (pump cap assembly, flushing box + wiper blade) needs to be replaced, and you must use the Adjustment Program to reset the counter. You can purchase the repair manual and Adjustment Program (PC compatible only) from www.2manuals.com, or possibly find them elsewhere online.

If all your other channels are working well, then we can re-map the curves to move shade 2 to the LLK channel if you wish. There is a $100 fee for re-mapping a curve library to move ink channels for your custom setup.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana

I have been trying to get hold of a pc to do this … so far no luck… or rather a bit of a nightmare as I just got a bad one through ebay. When I look at the 2Manual site I see a waste ink pad counter reset … which I presume is what you want me to do … but on the supported model list I do not see the 9800 … I just want to make sure I am on track and the 9800 reset will get me going again ? As I am back to square one in trying to get hold of a pc.

thanks michael

No, I believe the waste ink counter reset is different from the cleaning unit reset. I recommend you get the repair manual for more information, and if you can’t get or borrow a PC, then you can certainly install Parallels and Windows on your Mac to run the Adjustment Program on your Mac.

Best regards~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4209]No, I believe the waste ink counter reset is different from the cleaning unit reset. I recommend you get the repair manual for more information, and if you can’t get or borrow a PC, then you can certainly install Parallels and Windows on your Mac to run the Adjustment Program on your Mac.

Best regards~ Dana[/QUOTE]

I was able to finally do this … and everything is now functioning as it was before I hit the epson counter trip wire. I do find there are a couple of other adjustments that I can now make … so though painful as it was a bit confusing … it was worth getting the wizard, I am going to call for a remap. thanks michael

You folks were off line … so I do not know if you will get to this quicker … how should I do the re - map ??? after I swap the inks I know I will order your custom profiles … but I imagine I will have to print a different target. Let me know thanks michael

it’s not a re-profiling.
we edit and change existing curves to fit your situation.
i sent you a link by email!