Is ink suitable to use for extra large prints to be used as wallpaper?

A friend wants me to make a print 2 panels wide floor to ceiling for wallpaper.
I was thinking of using the Epson Premium Luster 260 - heavyweight and have it mounted with wallpaper paste.

Lightfastness - it will not fade for ?? years?
How rub resistant?

Can it be coated to before or after it is on the wall?

Or should I point him to a different printer/type of ink entirely?

I was thinking wallpaper paste as that would be a very large area to try to deal with self adhesive paper - unless repositionable – truly is…

I know this is question is on the edge of what one would normally find on your site – but thought I’d ask.

Thank you in advance.

This sounds very interesting, though I don’t have any personal experience with wallpaper glue or using a glossy pigment inkjet print as wallpaper. I would say coating the prints with a protective coating, such as our Gloss Overprint, will help protect the print surface. I think the best thing would be to do some small experiments to test how the media adheres with wallpaper glue, costing the print and seeing how it’ll hold up to touching/rubbing, etc…
The light-fastness of the print depends a lot on the lighting, and direct sunlight will speed up the fade. I know we have a customer who prints wall panels with our inks, and has been having great results for several years, but I don’t know all about her process or other materials she uses.

Make a small test print to see how it works, then if your tests give positive results- move forward with the full size panels.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: