Is anyone successfully using InkThrift Pro for digital negatives?

Hello everyone,

I have an epson 7900 printer and just recently bought InkThrift pro thinking that I could use them for creating digital negatives. I’ve starting doing some testing but I haven’t had success yet in picking a right combination of inks that have good uv blocking properties. Anyone using them successfully?

I also have noticed that the inks seem to be bleeding when I print on pictorico so printed words don’t look as sharp compared to using Epson inks. I have to do more testing.

Any experience or thoughts would be welcome.

Thank you.

J

Were you aware that we make a Piezography Digital Negative system? You could have installed an ink set that prints both digital negatives and Piezography K7 prints! The Digital Negative portion is turnkey as is the printing system. It is far more expensive than InkThrift of course… But, all the work is already done for you!

My understanding of using color inks for making digital negatives is that you should use the PDN system and follow their guide. It determines which of the color inks work best. It should produce the best neg that you can, using color inks. If you encounter any digital artifacts as a result of using color inks - then you should consider the Piezography Digital Negative as it produces a much higher standard negative.

You can read more about that here: http://www.piezography.com/PiezoPress/blog/piezography-digital-negative-update/

Jon

Were you aware that we make a Piezography Digital Negative system? You could have installed an ink set that prints both digital negatives and Piezography K7 prints!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did know, but I wanted to be able to print in color as well so I opted to try out the inkthrift first. I remember reading somewhere (not in this forum I guess) that someone was using it successfully, but I haven’t been successful yet.

Regards,
J

let us know if you have success!