Intial filling of refilllable carts 1430

Ok just got my refillable carts for my brand new refurbished Epson 1430 printer. I read the instructions about just using the syringes to fill the carts but on Youtube I see they used a different technique by causing a vacuum to suck up the ink into the cart when first time filling. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpFEVV8NF6I
So which is it? Does it really matter? The instructions currently here don’t show this vacuum way.

I have some time to find out as I just got the printer and iam using the Epson carts with the dye ink just to make sure the printer is ok. It appears so far perfect, no banding or anything weird going on.

Oh Iam using the cone Pigment ink with the refillable carts not dye ink.

Please follow the written instructions, as they are more recent, and the video needs to be updated for the new cartridge design. The vacuum procedure demonstrated in the video will work with these carts, but isn’t necessary as it used to be with the previous model carts.

Please let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana

Ok thanks very much.

you’re very welcome! :slight_smile: