Ink Compatibility questions

r2400

Qu 1: In this this post Dana C said that I could use K3 vivid inks in an R2400, so long as I made my own profiles. I assume that I could also use the K3 Vivid inks (less the LLK) in a 2100/2200 on the same basis? There’s no technical reason why not?

Qu 2: Is the only difference between the K3 and K3 Vivid inksets the VM & VLM inks? I.e. all the others PK, MK, LL, LLK, C, LC, Y are the same between the two inksets?

[I’m asking because I’m trying to get some more life out of my 2100 & R2400, while I desperately search for an R2880 and contemplate an R3000 before the cashback ends. I need to order more ink soon and it may as well be K3 Vivid rather than K3, if the answers to both these questions is yes.]

1. Yes, you could use our ConeColor Vivid Magenta ink in your R2400 and 2200 printers, as long as you make your own profiles.

2. We no longer have ConeColor K[B]2 [/B]inks (which are for Epson UltraChrome printers, such as the 2200, and 4000, 7600/9600), but have a conversion chart for people using these printer models to know how to proceed with ConeColorPro inks: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.11/category.20452/.f

Best regards~ Dana

Thanks. I’m not so worried about “closest match” as I can create my own profiles.

Qu2 was just about the K[B]3[/B] inks. Are the K[B]3[/B] non-vivid and K[B]3[/B] Vivid inksets the same, other than the LM and VLM colours? Looking at what’s in these two inksets on the IJM website that seems to be the case, but I just wanted to check. The PK, MK, LL, LLK, C, LC, Y bottles appear the same and only the VM and VLM appear different. Sorry if this is a question about the blindingly obvious.

The only difference between the vivid and non-vivid ink sets are the VM/M and VLM/LM inks, all other colors are the same.

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;4938]We no longer have ConeColor K[B]2 [/B]inks (which are for Epson UltraChrome printers, such as the 2200, and 4000, 7600/9600), but have a conversion chart for people using these printer models to know how to proceed with ConeColorPro inks: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.11/category.20452/.f
[/QUOTE]

Dana- I have an old 2200 which works great and which I am considering ConeColor K3 for…however, the conversion chart you reference is no longer available at the link. Can you provide me with the chart? I assume right now I will either have to order the 8 kit and have an extra bottle of unused ink, or I simply buy by the bottle. Otherwise, any other differences in how to employ them? I don’t intend on using Vivid, just the K3.

Thanks.

-Mike

Bump…

This is the K2 Color ink Set for your 2200 printer:

ConeColor Pro ink, cyan
ConeColor Pro ink, Lt cyan
ConeColor Pro ink - K2 version Lt Black
ConeColor Pro ink, Lt Magenta
ConeColor Pro ink, Matte Black
ConeColor Pro ink, Photo Black
ConeColor Pro ink, Vivid Magenta
ConeColor Pro ink, Yellow

Do you really mean [B]vivid[/B] magenta, given that you listed [B]non-vivid[/B] light magenta? The advantage of the two non-vivids would be that one may be able to get away with existing canned R2400 profiles, whereas with the two vivids fresh profiles would be needed, would they not?

K2 used a conventional magenta scheme.
K3 went to a redder magenta scheme.
K3 Vivid, Epson returned to a more conventional magenta scheme.

For K2, the inks of ours which are closest to the Epson K2 color space are actually Vivid Magenta and regular Light Magenta.

That’s odd. It’s probably been nearly 4 years since I ordered CCP for my now defunct 2100, and I could have sworn that I ordered the non-vivid versions on IJM advice, but I’m currently on the other side of the planet and can’t readily check.