Ink cartridges cannot be recognized on 1430, and worse

My 1430 all-of-a-sudden stopped recognizing the magenta cartridge with the “EasyFill” key system. Then, following a shutdown, different colors were not recognized. Now there are nozzle clogs as well as a major misalignment that does not seem to be correcting using the head alignment. And finally, all ink cartridges are now recognized (but it is early in the day). Any thoughts?

Sounds electrical to me. You report everything is now ok. Is there some chance some stray drop of ink was on chip contact when you initially replaced causing temporary shorting?

Thank you for the reply. At the moment, all the cartridges are recognized, but the output is completely out-of-alignment. When I print text and select “Fine”, which is a “double-hit”, the output is almost akin to a drop-shadow. Re-alignment in either direction doesn’t help. As for ink damage, the cartridges haven’t been touched. And, don’t use the printer hardly at all (unfortunately). My thought is there is something amiss internally, with the electrical/computer system.