Ink Cartridge Failure - Right Side

I am having issues with a single 4900 replacement MK cartridge causing the entire right bank of cartridges being reported as faulty. The error displayed is “Ink Cartridge Error : Replace Ink Cartridge(s)”

[ul]
[li]I tried replacing the chips with battery based replacement chips on all right side ink cartridges and that did not work.[/li][li]I tried using different replace cartridges filled with Flush and that did not work, would seem those chips/batteries might be bad also.[/li][/ul]

I am able to temporarily resolve the problem by inserting just the Epson OEM MK cartridge, then all the ink cartridges on the right side are recognized and work. I then replace the Epson OEM MK back with the MK replacement cart and the printer works fine until it enters sleep mode. On power up the same error occurs with all the right side cartridges showing error and need replacing.

Cheers,
David

Hey David. You’ll want to get another MK chip from us here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.7872/.f?sc=15&category=82547 .

We always say it’s really important to order a whole set of backup chips just in case one goes wonky due to static in the winter, etc. It happens (I ran 6 4900s at Light Work and oy, needed to have some backups on hand.)

If the humidity is under 40% sometimes I’ll even ware a ground when handling carts . . .

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;10218]Hey David. You’ll want to get another MK chip from us here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.7872/.f?sc=15&category=82547 .

We always say it’s really important to order a whole set of backup chips just in case one goes wonky due to static in the winter, etc. It happens (I ran 6 4900s at Light Work and oy, needed to have some backups on hand.)

If the humidity is under 40% sometimes I’ll even ware a ground when handling carts . . .

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

I find it rather interesting that a secondary cart filled with Piezo Flush stored in original packaging, a battery replacement chip stored in original packaging, and a MK cart used in the printer goes bad all at the same time. RH here is rarely below 50% in the winter, great wet Pacific Northwest.

I purchased 2 entire sets of carts, plus an entire set of replacement chips, already! They did not work. I just placed a new order for new set of replacement chips, rather expensive for such a tiny component. I bought into the marketing speak and bought the first set of replacement chips and was never able to make use of them. Sounds like these chips need a better engineering design that is of quality, especially for the cost.

Why would a single MK chip make the entire right hand side fault?

Cheers,
David

Hey David. I’ll get back to you tomorrow morning w/ specifics when I can confer w/ team.

One question, do you have a replacement auto-reset chip at all for the MK position? If not, this may solve the problem. The battery ones sometimes need replacement batteries. Sometimes just pulling a battery from an un-used battery chip and putting it into the MK chip + resetting works . . . Gotta make sure the contact plate is touching the new battery though.

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;10221]Hey David. I’ll get back to you tomorrow morning w/ specifics when I can confer w/ team.

One question, do you have a replacement auto-reset chip at all for the MK position? If not, this may solve the problem. The battery ones sometimes need replacement batteries. Sometimes just pulling a battery from an un-used battery chip and putting it into the MK chip + resetting works . . . Gotta make sure the contact plate is touching the new battery though.

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

Hi Walker,

I do not have the newer auto reset chips. I have an entire set of battery based replacement chips. I purchase them the same time I purchased a complete Digital Negative kit and dedicated set of carts to contain flush.

I have tried pulling batteries from other replacement chips into the MK chip and nothing works.

The only way I can get the printer working again is to insert the OEM MK cart and then swap with the refillable MK cart.

Hey David. We’re sending you out a resetter MK 4900 chip pronto, gratis.

Hope this works, let us know,
Walker