After scanning the forum I can see that I’m not alone or experiencing an abnormal problem. I have to say that had I known I would have to shim ink carts to get them installed properly I never would have ordered $1500.00 worth of your products. The ink seems fine, it’s the mechanical and electronics that are poor. The problem with the carts not fitting into the machine correctly seems to be at the root of chip failure. I was having one chip obviously fail, then ordered another and it also “failed to be recognized” and will not reset (Blinking green not solid)
In most of your responses to folks, you dismiss the trouble as unusual, but I’m seeing enough reports to make me think it’s typical. Your answer: purchase a couple of pounds of spare chips and keep replacing one after the other. This bad fit of the ink carts, ergo chip malfunction, -your solution of pushing them to the left and shimming them is totally unacceptable. My epson 7900 printer sat idle for a while because of a head burn out. It’s fine again but this continuing lack of quality with the chips, and ill fitting carts is a terrible disappointment.
FYI only 400 sheets have been printed on my machine, yet only 5 out of 11 carts do not have air leakage & failed chips –this success rate is only because I got lucky with my effort shimming the carts. The sad thing is this trouble started only a couple of months after I changed to your products, but I went along with the bad fit adjustments, subsequent chip failures and air tight ink pouches that, well only some of them are not leaking.
There’s one more thing I want to share here, and that is: When the machine reads “ink cart not installed” It is not a good thing from the standpoint of assuring no [B]head dry out[/B] in the capping station. I learned this from the tech that did my print head swap. In order to rectify this until some suitable replacement carts are acquired, there’s an action that needs to be performed every few days. > >The head is uncapped, an eye dropper of lubricating solution applied to the cap pads, and then re-capping the head. Shame on you for undertaking to replace an stringent OEM product through trial & error at the expense of your unsuspecting customers.