ICCs and the SureColor 800

My order of ConeColor Pro system for Epson SureColor P800 - 110ml is arriving tomorrow and in making preparations today I stumbled across the ICC profiles for ConeColor inks. It had never crossed my mind that I would be needing different ICC profiles for this different ink set. No big deal but I can’t find on the inkjetmall site the ICCs for any SureColor printer other than the P600. Are they all interchangeable? Thanks for any input.

ICCs for the P800 are coming this week! Sorry for the delay,

-W

Not to butt in but where can I find the ICC’s for the come color pro. I have the ones for the Piezography Pro but never knew there would be any for the color set.

http://shop.inkjetmall.com/About/ICC-Profile-LIbraries/

I’ve had some time to think this over while you guys were on holiday. So basically, if one installs the six hundred dollars system of cone inks and decoder board they are then restricted, forever, to using your very few ICC profiles or paying someone to generate profiles made for other papers? I don’t recall ever having seen this in the promotional literature. The system is very suddenly much less appealing.

Who said very few? We are building a significant amount of ICCs for this system for a wide array of papers. And these ICCs are pretty general use. For example, our Luster ICC built on Epson Premium Luster, will work on a vast array of other luster-like paper brands.

They are simply not published yet.

Also, these profiles are actually working better than Epson’s own in our internal tests at the moment.

Regards,
Walker

For the sake of expediency, let us strike the phrase VERY FEW.

Could you then answer the question I originally posed.

If one installs your system are they then forever restricted to either printing on papers for which InkJetMall has created profiles or they must pay to have profiles created for the papers we wish to use?

Am I the first person to have ordered this package or are the others just patiently sitting by hoping that the profiles will appear before the 15 day return limit passes?

If one installs your system are they then forever restricted to either printing on papers for which InkJetMall has created profiles or they must pay to have profiles created for the papers we wish to use?

Not exactly as the profiles we are creating are very cross-compatible with near-branded papers. More-so than existing canned profiles from other vendors. If you are needing more exactitude than that, you would need a custom profile anyway no matter the ink set.

Am I the first person to have ordered this package or are the others just patiently sitting by hoping that the profiles will appear before the 15 day return limit passes?

You are not. We are a limited staff of 7 people supporting over 2000 products for thousands of clients and running all of Cone Editions Press to boot. So our product timing was a bit rushed to get this into the Black Friday deals so people could take advantage of the savings. We are finishing up the ICCs this week and should publish by end of week or early next. We’ve also been making literally hundreds of color ICCs for a whole slew of printers using the new UltraHD-MK and HD-PK inks so there is a lot of parallel work going on that makes everything take a bit of time.

best regards,
Walker

Please bear in mind that I am a mere hobbyist not an ink and printing professional like you fellows there in Vermont so when you stated, “Not exactly as the profiles we are creating are very cross-compatible with near-branded papers.” I simply do not see the answer to my question there. The answer, it seems, should be YES or No, but then again I’m just a guy trying to enjoy my hobby. My rather expensive hobby.

Are you saying I can install your inks in my P800 and use the ICC profiles provided by all of the paper manufacturers that I currently enjoy using and they will produce perfectly acceptable results?

“Cross-compatible near-branded papers”, just doesn’t say anything to me.

Here again are the questions I’ve already asked above and which you have somewhat deftly sidestepped. I’d just like a straight forward answer.

1. So basically, if one installs the six hundred dollars system of cone inks and decoder board they are then restricted, forever, to using your as yet not published ICC profiles?

restated:

1. If one installs your system are they then forever restricted to either printing on papers for which InkJetMall has created profiles or they must pay to have profiles created for the papers we wish to use?

And just for good measure:

Can I, using your Cone Pro Color inkset print upon, for example, Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl using the profiles provided by Ilford, or any of my other favorite paper/profile combinations with great results, or will I likely be disappointed?

Finally, since you are just about ready to publish that significant amount of ICC profiles for the Epson P800 could you break the suspense and just tack on a list of which papers you will be publishing profiles for ?

Thank you.

Did someone reply and it just didn’t get posted here?

We built and published the ICC profiles about 20 seconds ago.

For PC: https://inkjetmall.com/downloads/iccs/ConeColorPro-P800-ICC-Profiles.dmg
For Mac: https://inkjetmall.com/downloads/iccs/ConeColorPro-P800-ICC-Profiles.zip

We have not updated the shop.inkjetmall.com icc profile page with all the full names but they are pretty easy to figure out below.

We have figured out that Epson ink on even Epson Media (Exhibition Fiber for example) bleeds. We have seen similar results on this printer with our own inks as well so it’s something in the printer: Cone Type 5, Epson Exhibition Fibre, and Hahnemuhle Pearl. So those papers (which are normally default papers) are not in this list until we figure out a way around the bleed issue. We have verified that this bleed issue is also present with Epson ink on these papers. It’s a problem with the printer that epson has not resolved but we are confident we can come up with a work-around before they do :wink:

List:

CCP-P800-HDPK-CANbarytaPhoto.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-CANplatine.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-CANptoHiGloss.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-CANptoSatin.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-EPpremLuster.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-EPpremSemimatte.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANfineArtBaryta.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANfineArtBrtaStn.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANptoGlossBaryta.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANptoRagBaryta.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANptoRagPearl.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-HANptoRagSatin.icc
CCP-P800-HDPK-MuseoSilverRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-CANaquarelleRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-CANedEtchRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-CANprintmakingRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-CANragPhoto.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-CANvelinMusRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-EPenhMatte.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-EPhotPressBrt.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-EPhotPressNat.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANbamboo.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANgermanEtch.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANmuseumEtch.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANphotoRag.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANptoMatteFibre.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-HANwillTurner.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-JonConeType2.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-MoabEntradaBrt.icc
CCP-P800-UHD-MoabEntradaNat.icc

Epson PremLuster is your default luster profile for luster type papers.

Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Pearl is your default for fiber fine art papers.

Canson Baryta Photographique is your default for Baryta surface papers.

Hahnemuhle Photo Rag is your default for matte papers.

best,
Walker

Thank you. That is a huge help to me and i’m sure others.