ICC-profiles-2880

I am using your pro inks in my Epson 2880. And, I notice that, you do not have ICC profiles for the Epson 2880. I’m curious as to why not? And, might you in the future?

Also, when I use an ICC profile from the paper manufacture (MOAB) for the paper/printer I’m using, my color tests seem to suggest a slight red/magenta shift with your inks.

Your thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Hi Allan~

Most customers are happy with their results using the standard Epson profiles with ConeColor Pro inks in the R2880 printer, but we have made a few custom profiles for people using non-Epson papers over the years. Have you tried using any of the Epson profiles? I did make someone a custom profile for the R2880 and Moab Entrada paper a few years ago, which I can email for you to try. If you’re not satisfied with the results using the standard Epson profiles or the profile attached, then you can either get a device to make your own profiles, such as the ColorMunki, or we can make custom profiles here from printed targets you send.

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased the 2880 carts and ConeColor inks in 2010, and purchased MK, LLK + Y bottles this year.
I checked thru my emails, and don’t see that you’ve ever contacted us about a color shift, but see in 2011 you asked me about using Epson ink from your 2200 with ConeColor in your R2880…
Has your output been good for the past few years, and the color shift is a new issue, or has this been going on since you first started using ConeColor inks?
When did you first install the refill carts and ConeColor inks in your R2880?
Have/are you using ConeColor as a full set, or in combination with Epson inks?
I expect you don’t print very often if you haven’t gone thru the 2oz bottles you bought over four years ago.

Please let me know.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;5281]Hi Allan~

Most customers are happy with their results using the standard Epson profiles with ConeColor Pro inks in the R2880 printer, but we have made a few custom profiles for people using non-Epson papers over the years. Have you tried using any of the Epson profiles? I did make someone a custom profile for the R2880 and Moab Entrada paper a few years ago, which I can email for you to try. If you’re not satisfied with the results using the standard Epson profiles or the profile attached, then you can either get a device to make your own profiles, such as the ColorMunki, or we can make custom profiles here from printed targets you send.

After reviewing your order history, I see you purchased the 2880 carts and ConeColor inks in 2010, and purchased MK, LLK + Y bottles this year.
I checked thru my emails, and don’t see that you’ve ever contacted us about a color shift, but see in 2011 you asked me about using Epson ink from your 2200 with ConeColor in your R2880…
Has your output been good for the past few years, and the color shift is a new issue, or has this been going on since you first started using ConeColor inks?
When did you first install the refill carts and ConeColor inks in your R2880?
Have/are you using ConeColor as a full set, or in combination with Epson inks?
I expect you don’t print very often if you haven’t gone thru the 2oz bottles you bought over four years ago.

Please let me know.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana[/QUOTE]

Hi Dana, And, thanks for your reply.

I do use the Epson and MOAB profiles to help me soft proof. Although, I find them to be close, there is still a color shift (R/M) and a pronounced change in density/saturation, especially noticeable in portraits/skin tones. This difference became very obvious, as I tried several MOAB papers from their “sample box.” Each time using the MOAB profiles for the specific paper. Some closer than others. Which has led me to think that, the difference being in the inks.

YES, please send the ICC profile you mentioned for MOAB - Entrada - R2880 printer.

My printing has be erratic because, I was outsourcing my printing for a while, then the 2880 needed a new motherboard and just “life” took over my ability to print. But, I am gearing up to produce a new series of 13 x 44" images, which is why I’m now fine tuning my system. And, I do use the ConeColor inks in full sets only.

Looking forward to trying the profile mentioned.

Thanks so much for your help.

Allan

Hi Allan~

Thanks for the additional information. I will email you the profile that I made for another customer using the R2880 with ConeColor inks and Moab Entrada paper for you to try. If this doesn’t give you satisfactory results, let me know and we can make you a custom color profile for your exact setup to give you the best results.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: