I have an opportunity to acquire a 4880 for free

Not worth your time. Piezo requires fully functioning nozzles on at least 6 channels. P600 is a very good printer for Piezo and we have new 60mL carts for it that are great.

best,
Walker

I have an opportunity to pick up a 4880 for free this Saturday. All I know about said printer is that it was used in a “pro photo shop” years ago and was given to a good friend of mine who just happens to be my film processor a little over 5 years ago. I have been told that it has not been used in a little over 5 years and has some dead channels. Not sure how many though. Possibly the print head motor is dead as well. My question is. Would it even be worth my time in transporting this printer 80 miles to even see if it can be repaired/refurbished or brought back to working order for Piezo? With all this being said. I have all of the time in the world to work on this printer if need be. So time is not an issue for me. If there is even a 20% chance of bringing this thing to life for Piezo then I am all for it. Just want to get some input from other forum members before I actually “drag” this printer home. Time is not an issue for me but money is. So if it will cost me more than the cost of a new P600 I will most likely just let him dump it in his dumpster. All input is welcome and appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks for the information.

Chris