How to set up Quad Tone RIP 2.8.2 on your printer

This is why you need to view the Quickstart guide where it shows you how to install a printer via the install.command instead of the pkg installer.

Under the Mac OS environment, I added a printer, followed the setup procedure to select a driver, and was instructed to select from the application, so I selected P800.
I am not sure if this is the correct method.
The community says to set the driver from the install command, but I would like to know which method is correct.

Follow the instructions that we publish and are available to you after you install Community Edition. It will be in the Documentation folder and is titled “Getting Started with Piezography”. You need use install command or you will not have any of the necessary media profiles installed…

Kind regards,

Jon

I used the install command to load it, but I get an error message.
The name of Japanese EPSONSC-PX3V and the name of the driver EPSON SC-P800 are displayed as different and not recognized.
What should I do?

When registering the driver to the printer, it is not recognized even if the name is EPSON SC-P800.

Few things here going wrong although it will not make a difference with your printer model. But you are trying to install a Piezography K7P2 install command and I have not noticed a sale of Piezography K7 inks to you. So you should be installing the P800-Pro in regular curves folder. But it will not install either… My understanding is that the EPSONSC-PX3V is not same as P800 because the two printers required different ink cartridge SKUs from EPSON. While they may look alike and function similarly there is not the same support from QuadTone RIP for the EPSONSC-PX3V. So you will first need communicate with Roy Harrington the author of QuadTone RIP so that he can make a modification to the QTR code or ascertain that a simple adjustment to the install commands will allow its use. You might post directly at the QuadTone RIP Users forum so that others benefit as well: QuadToneRIP Support

kind regards,

Jon

Need to put your attention to this page in our instructions because of the initial error you received above concerning interactive shell…

there is an instruction on how to open permissions using terminal and the command:
sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Printers/QTR/quadtone

Also want to further your attention to this page: where you can see differences between the ink sets and to insure that you have installed your ink set correctly:

then to the P800

then to Ink Placement Chart where Piezography Pro is in 3)

Depending what you learn from Roy Harrington we will add support for Japan EPSON SC-PX3V including install commands if possible.

You would look for your install command in Piezography / Curves / P800-Pro

if it then does not install you will need contact Roy Harrington for further instructions and he may work with you privately to issue you some instructions to see if the SC-PX3V is compatible or not. I gave you his contact page in the earlier message but here it is again: QuadToneRIP Support

Please let us know how you successfully install…or your communications with Roy Harrington so we can advise other users of this new (to us) printer model.

Kind regards,

Jon

Thank you for your message.
I have been trying about the settings since then.
The cause was System Settings, Printers and Scanners, Add Printer, Name to Quad P800, Applications, Curves, P800-Pro, Install P800.Doubling click on the command completed the driver assignment.
From the results, the name had to be Quad P800 or double-clicking command install would not proceed.

Thank you very much for all the adobas.

Does this mean that you are installed and the system is working? Are you able to print Calibration Mode ink target and separate all the inks into individual channels?

Do you have an update for us concerning QTR and the PX3V?

I last posted an update on my topic.

The system is working.
Three curves can now be selected individually.
Test prints will be done in the near future.