hotzone360-Inkjet mall Dye ink compatibility

I have ordered a set of inkjetmall refillable cartridges for my Epson r3000 printer. I would like to use up the dye ink that I have from hotzone360 before switching to inkjetmall dye ink. Are these inks compatible?

Hi leheiner~

I understand your wanting to use up remaining ink before installing our Ink Thrift dye, but we have only tested compatibility with Epson inks, so don’t know how our inks work with other inks, and recommend flushing the internal ink system before installing our inks, if using ink other than Epson.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,
By flushing do you mean to fill carts with you ink and then put into printer and do a few cleanings? Secondly, I just did a complete cleaning following your video, except for the wiper blade, and when I attempted to start the printer I got alternating green on/off and red ink out lights, so assume I have waste ink tank full. Does your external waste ink tank have a reset utility? 2manuals does not install on my windows 7 and the current Epson utility does not yet support r3000 sscserve printer reset does not list r3000 either.

Dana, Update,
I contacted Epson re the waste ink issue and asked them for a reset software. they stated in their email to me that such software for the r3000 does not exist, but that my printer is under warranty and they gave me a phone number to call. As I understand it from your website, I think, using CISS does not void my warranty, correct?

Second, If they offer to replace my printer, should I discuss a possible upgrade to a 3800 or 3880, new or refurbished? I would like to trade up to a printer which has software for keeping it in shape. I would appreciate your suggestions, and it would be nice to have a 17 inch width rather than 13.

Since Jon referred me to this forum, I have learned a ton of good info and will be definitely switching to your refillable cartridges and…excellent support.

[QUOTE=leheiner;5408]Dana,
By flushing do you mean to fill carts with you ink and then put into printer and do a few cleanings? Secondly, I just did a complete cleaning following your video, except for the wiper blade, and when I attempted to start the printer I got alternating green on/off and red ink out lights, so assume I have waste ink tank full. Does your external waste ink tank have a reset utility? 2manuals does not install on my windows 7 and the current Epson utility does not yet support r3000 sscserve printer reset does not list r3000 either.[/QUOTE]

Dana, I replied before with new posts in the thread instead of using the reply buttons, not sure what to do, but in case I did it wrong, here is first post. Epson is sending me a rebuilt r3000 as my waste ink tank is full I still have a few days left on the warranty…for a change!! Thanks for all the help.

Lonny

Hi Lonny~

I’m glad to hear you’re getting a new/refurbished printer sent, this will avoid having to deal with the full waste pads and flushing inks.

Although it doesn’t matter now that you’re getting a new printer, what I meant about flushing between the two dye inks is to flush the internal ink lines with PiezoFlush to purge the first dye ink (by doing an initial fill cycle with the Adjustment Program), then install the set of InkThrift carts and do a second Initial Fill to purge the PiezoFlush, and fill the ink lines with InkThrift dye. This is recommended when installing any of our inks after using any ink other than Epson, as we can’t possibly test compatibility with every ink, though we have experienced some congealing in the past with Lyson ink I believe.

Best regards and happy printing when your new printer arrives~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you Dana,
I have decided to go with your cone color inks. (I will just have to waste the Hotzone360 inks). I plan to purchase them on black Friday, I wish that I knew about that sale, as just today I received my set of empty carts.

The adjustment program that I purchased from 2manuals will not install on my Windows 7 system.

Do you have an adjustment program that works on windows 7?

Happy thanksgiving~ Lonny

Hi Lonny~

I have used Adjustment Programs for many different printer models, from several different PC computers, but I believe I have only run the 4900 AP on Windows 7, but others (such as the R3000) have been run on Vista or XP.

Sorry, I can’t support the Adjustment Program, and from experience know the support from 2manuals isn’t always prompt or helpful… If you haven’t already, I would try running the program in compatibility mode to see if that helps?

Best~ Dana