Help - SureColor P800 trying to change to PK when it should be using MK

I have no idea why this is happening, but I open up a photoshop file and try to print (fine art piece) and I’ve had the P800 for years - always great… But something it thinks that it should switch to PK for no reason and asks if I want to switch… What is triggering this? I don’t see anything in the print settings. Appreciate any help - and btw I have upgraded to Big Sur if that’s an issue, but I had this come up before the upgrade as well. Thank you!!!

The black ink change is usually invoked by the Media Type setting if using the Epson driver, or by the Black Ink setting in QTR.

Please post screenshots of your print setup dialogs – all of them. Also the list of installed printers in System Prefs showing this printer, both the Epson and QTR installations (if you are using QTR).

When I upgraded from Mojave to Big Sur a couple months ago it wiped out my entire printing system, and I had to reinstall everything including recreating custom paper sizes and presets. When I updated from 11.2.2 to 11.2.3 it happened again. This time, however, there was a silver lining in that the Piezo Beta Driver (an experimental driver still in Beta stage) that did not survive my initial move to Big Sur, throwing the dreaded “Filter failed” error, is now working.

My point is that you may be overlooking something that you think transferred but didn’t.

Keith