Having issues with R3000 ink replacement

I have been trying to reset the MK and PK inks on my R3000. I have used a paper clip to short the top 2 connections on the ink cartridge. The printed keeps cycling back and forth from MK to PK to refill. They are both filled any idea why is is happening?

Hi Joshephoto~

This is the second post with this same question, so I will delete the first and answer you here.

I see you recently purchased a set of R3000 refillable carts.
Did you just install them and are getting an ink out light/message, or have you been using them with good results, but they now read empty and having difficulty resetting them?
Do you have a mix of refill and Epson carts installed in your printer?
Do you change your printer’s black mode to print both matte and glossy?
What is the exact message on your printer’s LCD panel?
Is your printer currently in MK or PK mode?

Please let me know so I can help you past this and back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,
Here are those answers…

I see you recently purchased a set of R3000 refillable carts. Correct…

Did you just install them and are getting an ink out light/message, or have you been using them with good results, but they now read empty and having difficulty resetting them? I only installed the 2 cartridges MK and PK. I keep getting the light that the inks are out…

Do you have a mix of refill and Epson carts installed in your printer? YES

Do you change your printer’s black mode to print both matte and glossy? I am not familiar with that, I am MAC based is that an option?

What is the exact message on your printer’s LCD panel? Black ink out…Replace and the ink light is on…

Is your printer currently in MK or PK mode? I cannot find that option on this printer,

Thanks for the additional information. The R3000 printer has both matte and photo black inks installed, but only uses one at a time depending on the black ink mode the printer is in.
Were both the Epson MK and PK carts empty, and that’s why you installed those two refillable carts? Do you still have the two Epson black carts?
Can you send me a photo of your printer’s LCD panel to see?

~Dana

Yes both were empty and I still have the old ones… Here are the images…of the screen

Thanks for sending the photo, it’s very helpful (although I don’t know why it attached upside-down…)

This photo shows both your MK and PK carts are correctly recognized. The PK ink level is reading about 2/3 full, and MK is nearly full. The VLM and LLK carts are very low and need to be replaced soon. I can also see you’re doing a black ink change in the photo- currently in PK mode, going to MK mode.

So, it seems your black carts are working correctly.
Am I missing something, or is there anything else I can help you with?

~Dana :slight_smile:

The problem was that it keeps repeating that the MK and PK are empty. The printer will cycle thru the change then say it again. I have tried to take the cartridges out and reset the chips. But it never clears out.

But, just now as i turned on the machine it is all cleared and no low ink light is flashing!

I did replace the VLM and LLK. Those it recognized.

Ok, so it sounds like the printer is working correctly now?

Please let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana