'Grid' forming on my Positive film output from my 9900

Hi all,
New here, from India:)
Printing with Cone inks.
When I print my black Positive film prints, off late, at times, seeing kind of grid lines form in the image, also the print is not pitch black.
This problem is on and off, do not know why.

Any inputs will be appreciable…
Thanks in advance…

1 How are you printing black positive film prints with Color inks? What are you using for software and how are you printing with color inks to arrive at black ink on film?

2 Is there a reason you prefer to use the color inks instead of our Silkscreen film positive ink called UV45?

3 Also please upload an image to illustrate this grid lines…

thanks,

jon

[QUOTE=jon;12490]1 How are you printing black positive film prints with Color inks? What are you using for software and how are you printing with color inks to arrive at black ink on film?

>>>>>All color carts are loaded, but print film after selecting ‘Matt Black only’ print setting. We print with Photoshop, no other software used right now.

2 Is there a reason you prefer to use the color inks instead of our Silkscreen film positive ink called UV45?
>>>>> Nobody suggested on the "Silkscreen film positive ink UV45 " !!!

3 Also please upload an image to illustrate this grid lines…>>>> File is not become uploaded.

Thanks
Sunny

Sunny,

There is a special software in USA called AccuWare that is designed for putting a special black dye ink into each of the 11 ink positions of the 9900. The software uses all 11 channels to create line and halftone film art for printing on film. We do not sell the software. But, UV45 ink is popular for this. UV45 inks are here

1 Firstly, I am not familiar with a ‘Matte Black Only’ print setting. And I do not want to make assumptions, but is this intended to print only ink from the Matte Black channel? If so, matte black ink will not be very dark on film. The Photo Black ink will be darker on film.

2 Do you get a perfect nozzle check print in the matte black only setting? Because if you do not - this may be the source of your grid lines.

3 However, grid lines suggest both horizontal and vertical - and I really wish you can upload an image. See how to here. If in both directions this is sometimes from choosing a very low resolution in our print settings such as Draft 360dpi… please upload your nozzle check and an image of the grid lines and I will try and help you.

1. There is a special software in USA called AccuWare >>>> I know there are many Software made for this purpose, I will consider when I buy it.

2. …that is designed for putting a special black dye ink into each of the 11 ink positions of the 9900. The software uses all 11 channels to create line and halftone film art for printing on film.>>>>> I know this too, but I prefer to avid. Then this 11 color 44" printer will be demoted as a B&W Printer !! AND: I want to print colors too on my Canvas prints, fine art, Landscape photos etc. AND, Positive printing is just a part of the job for the printer.

3. We do not sell the software. But, UV45 ink is popular for this. >>>> Ok, I will go for this ink. I hope it will work without the specific software but with Photoshop too.

1 Firstly, I am not familiar with a ‘Matte Black Only’ print setting. And I do not want to make assumptions, but is this intended to print only ink from the Matte Black channel? If so, matte black ink will not be very dark on film. The Photo Black ink will be darker on film.
>>>>>I agree

1. However, grid lines suggest both horizontal and vertical - and I really wish you can upload an image. See how to here. If in both directions this is sometimes from choosing a very low resolution in our print settings such as Draft 360dpi… please upload your nozzle check and an image of the grid lines and I will try and help you.[/QUOTE]
    >>>>> NOW, it appears it is not a blocked Head nozzle problem, because we got perfect resolution print even after the ‘grid’ issue appeared a week before, that proves rather it is on and off issue with other reasons.

2. Do you get a perfect nozzle check print in the matte black only setting? Because if you do not - this may be the source of your grid lines.
    >>>> TODAY the printer is not working. It just says “Ink Cartridge low, Refill ink”. Although Magenta and Matt Black carts are near full, it shows as empty. As such Printer is not coming into Printing Mode.
    Is it due to carts become completely empty and my new employee refilling them without resetting before filling? If yes, what is remedy, please ?

My 9900 is still down from last one week.
I referred Banding / grid forming problem here, on 26th December, machine was working then.
But on 28th it stopped printing.
Please see the above post to know what it says.

We refilled two Carts: Vivid Light Magenta and Matt Black.
Both were working till recently, but Magenta stopped working, showing ‘empty’, despite full. (Please see attachment)

What is remedy, please…

I wonder this post belongs to “Printer Problems, Headaches, Heartbreaks, Mysteries, and Gremlins”. If yes, please move it there…

You need to refill the cartridges, make sure they are primed, and reset the cartridge. Then do a power cleaning on the printer This should fix the issue.

A resetter should have come with your ink-set. It’s USB powered.

best,
Walker

edit>

I just saw the picture of the printer panel (it was not showing up a minute ago). I suggest you reset the cartridge and place it back in. You may have to do this one or two times. It looks like the chip may not be making perfectly aligned contact w/ the ink cartridge sensor.

-Walker

Also, from the image of the print uploaded above, it looks like you are printing at 360 or 720 dots per inch. All of this is contributing to the image loss. You need to be printing at 1440 or 2880 dpi.

-Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;12553]Also, from the image of the print uploaded above, it looks like you are printing at 360 or 720 dots per inch. All of this is contributing to the image loss. You need to be printing at 1440 or 2880 dpi.

-Walker[/QUOTE]

Thanks walkerblackwell…

1. …" primed, and reset the cartridge. Then do a power cleaning"

What do you mean by primed?
I tried to reset with the resetter twice, after red blinking it remains green, no white blinking…
“Power cleaning” means operator initiated cleaning step, apart from the auto cleaning, ok. I think once we did it, well, I will do it once more after 3 hrs.(It is just 5.30 morning here… ( I woke up early to catch up with your working time !)

1. " I suggest you reset the cartridge and place it back in. You may have to do this one or two times. It looks like the chip may not be making perfectly aligned contact w/ the ink cartridge sensor."

I did it twice, will do once more. Chip was aligned I think, there was Red blinking, and green blinking too, but NO white blinking (as per the procedure mentioned).

1. …it looks like you are printing at 360 or 720 dots per inch. All of this is contributing to the image loss. You need to be printing at 1440 or 2880 dpi.

Hmmm… It looks like, I was NOT aware of this step. I will check it.

NOW, my first concern is it’s coming up to the printing mode.
I hope it is a miner issue, and can overcome with your valuable instructions…

If you think any more procedures left undone, please suggest for my complying with, as you are going to take a nice sleep for 8 hours… :smiley:

Thanks for rising so early to reach us! Please refer to this video for the priming operation at 2:22 Inkjetmall.com 7890 9890 7900 9900 refillable carts - YouTube

This is in the printer settings window when you select print. Perhaps this alone will stop the grid lines - however, when I look again at the photo it appears like you are using some type of half-tone software. Are you using a special printing RIP or are you using a half-tone filter or other process to make film dot? From what application are you printing?