Greenish Hue on Prints

I have a Epson 1430 Printer. I just replaced the Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta and Magenta all separately with the ConeColor Pro Ink. I ran a nozzle check and it worked perfectly. I printed out a color photo and a black and white photo. They have a greenish blue tint to them all most a turquoise. Can someone help me. Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob~

ConeColor Pro inks were designed to be a replacement ink for K3 printer models. The 1430 is a Claria printer model, so can use ConeColor ink but the full set of ConeColor inks must be used with CCP specific profiles for the best quality output.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana, I have no idea what you mean, are you saying I bought the wrong ink for my printer?

Rob, the product description on what you bought is

“The EPSON 1400 is a little sub $200 gem in the EPSON printer line-up. EPSON developed this Claria ink printer for non-archival printing - using a simple six ink design. But they gave it the highest printer technology by giving it a 1.5 picoliter drop size so that it can do with six inks what other printers require seven or more. This is a true photo quality printer which produces what Epson calls “awe-inspiring images” that enable photographers to “realize the full potential of todays newer DSLRs.” The only thing it is missing is archival inks. So, we stepped up to the plate with a refillable cartridge system running our ConeColor K3 deep color gamut pigment inks. You will need color management. You can either provide your own with a device like the ColorMunki or download our free library of professionally made ICC profiles from the ConeColor website by clicking here.”

So, if your intention was to use the product as designed you have bought the right ink for your printer, but are not using it correctly. You should not mix the two ink types together (dye and pigment). And you MUST use color management (ICC profiles).

If on the other hand, you just wanted replacement inks that are also dye based and similar to the Claria color gamut - then you bought the wrong ink. We are releasing a dye based ink product called InkThrift CL for Claria ink printers. But - we are not yet released on that.

I guess I misunderstood what you were selling. I was looking for a high quality replacement ink for my printer. So what your saying is…the ConeColor ink will not work for my printing needs. Can you recommended an ink substitute I can use. Thanks

Hi Rob~ What we’re saying is to use the ConeColor Pro inks in a 1400 or 1430 printer, you must use the full set of ConeColor inks at once and you must use ConeColor specific ICC color profiles.
Cone Color inks can only be installed one color at a time as Epson carts run empty in K3 printer models (such as the R2400, R2880, 3800, 3880, 4800, 4880, 7800/9800, 7880/9880, 7890/9890 and 7900/9900). The 1400 and 1430 are Claria printer models, so use of the full set of inks and appropriate profiles are necessary when using ConeColor inks in these non-K3 printer models.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi, I may be having the same problem and I do have the full set of inks in and am using the ccp profiles. I have done several head cleanings in case there would be some ink mixing and the nozzle check is fine. Density is fine, definitely not enough magenta, but there doesn’t seem to be a clog there. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Pat

Hi Pat~ I am working with you on the other thread you started: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/showthread.php?220-Epson-1430-issue