Gloss Overprint for Epson 7900 not printing the whole sheet

One issue that i have with the 7900 is the fact that 2 of my heads don’t work. In other words buying the Piezo Pro system for the 7900 with 11 inks would be a waste of money.

It begs the question, if you were to buy 9 inks how would you know what to buy?

The second question that follows is can the user set it up and if so how?

Thanks.

Steve Malshuk

We are building both K4 and K5 curves for the x900s. We wrote about this in the letter.

This will enable you to print on an x900 printer with up to 2 channels missing for gloss and up to 3 channels missing for Matte.

best,
Walker

Just getting around to removing the sensors from my Epson 7900, I have the top off and I see what appears to be two sensors on one bracket towards the top of the printer. I removed them and set aside, removed QRT and Print-Tool and GO then reloaded all files. It will not print GO and I’m printing 8.5x11 paper and yet there is GO in the system, it will flush print. Did I get the correct sensors ?

Does anyone look at these treads. Just want to know if I get the correct sensors.

I’m finally getting my read-write thread notifications. Yikes.

Fix:

1. Put printer in sheet mode (paper lever closed).
  2. Put a letter sheet of paper in the printer aligned to the right but don’t hit the pause or down arrow.
  3. Bend the top of the sheet of paper towards you and down so the top is touching the metal of the printer.
  4. Now pull the top of the paper towards you along the metal of the printer about 1”. The bottom of the letter sheet of paper will no longer be on the printer’s rollers.
  5. Tape the top of the paper to the printer with some masking tape.
  6. Put your printed sheet of paper into the printer (in sheet mode) and queue the gloss print.
  7. Hit the down arrow and the printer should load the paper and print.

There is still a sensor on the print-head itself that you need to get around. Either turn sheet size sensor off on the printer or make sure you have 4 inches of white space on the leading end of the sheet of paper. Tape a leader onto the sheet if need be.

Walker (and Dana)

New post to this thread. Yesterday my 7900 stopped GO’ing in the middle of a 24x30" print. Further tests also failed. So I followed your instructions (and the Service Manual):

Took about 45 minutes, start to finish. Next 24x30" went through perfectly. GO’d top to bottom.

Thanks!

1 Like